Sunday, August 04, 2019

Tradition


Image result for Fiddler on the roof
Its the Sabbath day I'm trying to keep it holy. I don't know why I even worry about this anymore but I tend to maybe it's like people who pray and to believe there is no God but praying makes them feel better and act better. Some wondered if that's the same with me on the whole Sabbath day thing. I always feel guilty to no one in particular what I eat do the big Sabbath breaking thing of going to the market. There really is no big deal about being proactive enough to know that you may use this over the weekend or that over the weekend when I say weekend I mean Sunday and just either don't use it or wait and tell Monday and pick up the item than.

So some of things I don't do on the Sabbath include my arm bike workout or working out of any type. I certainly can not acknowledge that I'm not working out to keep the Sabbath holy and verbally indicating that I choose not to work out on Sunday because my body needs a break from everyday working out every trainer will tell you that. I hide behind this is sort just trying to keep the Sabbath day holy. A sort of use the same ploy for working like cleaning the apartment, washing dishes or the cooking (and I like to cook especially on Sunday).I haven't been cooking a lot lately on Sundays just because I have no one to cook for but that there was somebody here I'd pick my brains out on Sunday. I like to make us do on Sunday, I like to bake roasts especially beef roasts and make real meals on the Sabbath. I do not think this is a big deal but truth be known I like having meals prepared and ready to go either in a freezer are in the fridge. For example yesterday at the food bank I got a little sandwich already made, the kind of sandwich you would get at the deli counter. I forgot that I had this and was about ready to launch into cooking a chicken breast (S) and decided to eat the croissant sandwich instead. The sandwich was fairly primitive but good enough to get me through I Sunday dinner without having to do a whole lot of cooking. I still plan to process a watermelon I got the other day but maybe that's not really work I consider it play (but is that keeping the day holy?)

Now, I don't want to get all Cotton Mather, our sky pilotee but I do feel better in general I do these little things that might border on the spiritual should that be in quotation marks ?I don't really know they don't really care. I'm going to do what feels good to me. And if that's getting all my stuff done before sunset on Saturday night till sunrise on Monday morning then so be it. Without my superstitions I can be as shaky as… A fiddler on the roof.



No comments: