Friday, August 02, 2019

In For A Nickel In For A Dime


 Boy, I better start doing some heavy thinking is I'm kind and coming up dry for material for my blog. Perhaps I'm still coming off the closing of my drawing class. I got out my sketchbook and almost started sketching actually am thinking of picking up some pastels from my drawing drawer/box and making some sketches of Lori. I really appreciated Lori and Jerry reinforcing my art work. There still something within that is propelling me to continue making marks on paper. In fact, against my better judgment I even explored the community colleges class schedule just to see what is offered this fall. I of course was intrigued by a course entitled “Basic Drawing”. What intrigued me about this particular offering was instruction in ink drawing which is something I seem to be very interested in. The classes are offered twice a week and the one I was looking at was offered Tuesdays and Thursdays from something like 2 pm to 4:15 pm or something like that. I still have a couple weeks before I'd really need to make up my mind. I'm sure I would still have to deal with dragging my portfolio back and forth to the Community college and I don't know what kind of challenges of defaced with as far as comparing my work to the others in the class. Going to class over spring and summer is probably a lot more civilized than fall our spring semesters for your dealing with the full brute force of winter and of course that is going to be snow at one point or another. I can't let that affect me however. There's also the problem I'm having is far is afraid that my art might become too refined and lose its primitive nature. Two weeks and occupant ion the electronic registration which actually keeps a tally of how many people have registered for the class. Pretty damn cool.

As much as I promised you my faithful readers, that I was going to slack off a bit on the art class thing I still find this pursuit within me extremely interesting and continues to be the focus of my conscious day. Hopefully I'm not using this as an excuse to do nothing else with my life but I think this is where I need to be at this juncture. I hope y'all won't be too weirded out as I continue to foster the misguided belief that I just might be an artist. I'm on the way to the destruction of my initial clipboard for class so I need to purchase another. I still have a huge tablet of big paper and I still have my little sketchbook. I don't know what other stuff a new class, and the long class it goes from 12 August roughly to 12 December which is a pretty long time. This would be more like a regular class with examinations I'm sure as well as pop quizzes and drawing assignments I guess if you're in for a nickel you're in for a dime and I guess I'm all in…

No comments: