Sunday, August 18, 2019

Sunday' s Miracles




I'm really trying to stay upbeat and focused on doing the best that I can but this morning when I got up I noticed that the latch that secures the arms the left side has broken off completely now and I don't know what I'm going to do except for hang out till tomorrow and see if I can get some emergency assistance on this chair again. This thing is just falling apart but I am pleased to have what I have. I don't want to cannibalize my backup chair anymore that I have to. I could get by it'll be a convenient and a pain in the ass but I can get by since my scoliosis pushes me over to the right anyway not the right side were in Jeopardy I've been problems but I do have to use this left side to pull myself up at times but I lift it up and down so I can get in and out of bed life is such a pain, actually life's not, life is a gift it's a way to grow and I'm so excited to have my part in it for as long as I can.

I wrote this soon after rising this morning. It certainly does have a flare of discouragement to it but let me now reveal to you the rest of the day. I soon figured out that I could get along pretty good as I indicated earlier it's just a pain in the butt having to reset the left side of my chair all the time. But I got my coffee and made my breakfast and got on with my day. I really wanted to use new charcoals that I purchased last couple days and use my new clipboard. I put things in order to maybe sketch a little bit in fact I did sketch a couple of quick portraits with the soft charcoal. This was a bit of a challenge in that soft charcoal does not stay on the page very well. But I got a couple images done. It felt like I was accomplishing something but I yet still had to do a cryptic quote or two. I decided I went out on my patio and using my old broken clipboard I was able to make a makeshift desk to work in the outside it turned out wonderful. I have an option. My cell phone rang and I was not able to take the call because the phone was in the bedroom by the time I got to the bedroom the calls over but it was from Mark Anthony so I returned the call. Mark was in the area one stop by and I said sure. The visitor mark be most welcome. Well Mark arrived a few minutes later In the course of our visiting I mentioned the problem with my chair. Long story short we did cannibalize the back of chair and fortunately the piece on that chair fits this chair perfectly in the problem my day was solved then with zip ties and block of wood we built a ledge on the railing of my patio making a perfect place to rest my sketch board on for sketching as well as doing crypto quotes.

It's been a great day. All my problems that I was whining about earlier solved whether it is the the strength of family or more mystical divine intervention I've got a working chair and a place to relax on my porch for the rest of the summer and into the fall. I think this day is kind of a miracle and that's all I'm going to say…


No comments: