Thursday, August 15, 2019

Summer's Book Report



I finished my buddy, Dennis The Menace's book today. The volume was a quick read even for me at just a little more than 100 pages but it was a good read and I want to thank my friend for sharing this part of his life with me. The only drawback was that it did not have a publication date which I don't really like to is seen which also means that it was only part of his life, the first part.If someone would only pick up the volume and read that they might be somewhat dismayed at such a sad life but I know that Dennis is life had an upswing in a positive turn and that he continues to live and be fulfilled as far as I can see. I wish Dennis much happiness in the life he has now.

I found his volume brutally honest, discussing his life and times. I'm certainly glad I was part of his life and that he was part of mine. I apologize for not being a better friend. I realized now that I did not correspond with him at all during his mission nor did I support them at all during the time that he was in the military and I could then both easily. I didn't mean to but I dropped (I know a better term for it) a lot of my friends at that time as I was involved in my survival and rehabilitation from the motorcycle wreck. People didn't know how to deal with me and I guess I really didn't know how to deal with them. But thank goodness for all involved wife goes on and you have to make do with what is ever served up on your plate. I really enjoyed Dennis is honest approach to how he saw his life. I would've greatly enjoyed Dennis developing the relationship between he and his father and that desolate dry farm in Mayfield Idaho. Dennis is absolutely right however his father LT was a work of art. I thought he was a general authority he scared the fire out of me. LT remind me of my grandfather only my grandfather was a lot nicer and genuinely seem to love his grandchildren in a distant certain way.

My friend now lives in Southern California and I think he is now retired. He has a family and a fine wife and is surviving now to what we can fairly say is an old age. Though however I sort of always thought of him as an old guy. I wished he could have had a childhood in the better adolescence but he didn't do too bad at least he survived. I look forward to spending more time with him via text and occasional visits hopefully. I've always enjoyed visiting with Dennis, he is a fellow who is not afraid to tell it like it is.

In a side note: I think I'm going to let the drawing class slide for semester and maybe take up Basic Drawing in January if not next summer over summer semester. Hopefully I will make it till then…



No comments: