Friday, August 09, 2019

September Saturday




"Family"it's weird I'm trying to figure out how to communicate my thoughts about family, more specifically the family of my birth, my birth family. I don't know what is driving me to do what I'm doing and actually I'm kind of confused but what's new right? I am evolving from just watching this whole “family” thing as a distant outsider just wishing to observe this weird phenomenon of which I thought I was exempt. Seriously, as I've mentioned before, I have my hands full with my adopted family wide what I want to get involved with this other group of human beings that I'm genetically matched with? But you know what? I'm doing just that.

As the summer has progressed and I guess the reason summer tends to be the season for family reunions is that it's the best time of the year for travel long-distance or otherwise. It seems my adoptive family has taken a break this year from the reunion thing and maybe that's what is driving me to do what I said I wouldn't do and that's putting together a meeting (note that I'm stopping short from calling this a reunion). It just seems we need to get together for a face-to-face at least for the “new guy” which I think is still me. I have a sister living in Ogden which is relatively close and I really should have figured out a way to have got up thereto meet her. As I was messing with the calendar at the beginning of the week I figured why not let me put some notices out there and see who bites. Of course my brother in Santa Quinn and sister-in-law Carla are up for a visit to for the snow flies and then I made contact with my younger brother Eddie in the Denver area who also consider coming up. I next made contact with my sister, Dubi, the Ogden sister who indicated she was in for the meeting as well just as long as she could get off work and some other issues she's working on. I figured we had a critical mass so I put together a date which is September 27 I believe which is a Friday. I was thinking if we did Friday we could meet visit on Friday possibly Friday evening and decide if we wanted to do anything on Saturday. We do the meet and greet then people can split and leave if they wanted to. I felt by doing early weekend people be able get home on Sunday if they have to work on the following Monday. Since I'm putting this together I'm suggesting that we have the meeting either at the park across the street from my facility or at my facility in the common room. I'm doing this to make it as easy on myself as possible is that bad?

I've thrown the ink in the water I cannot pull it out now. I'm pretty much banking on just the locals showing up who knows I just don't know how radical gene type is I'm sure we'll find out shortly...



No comments: