Sunday, August 25, 2019

Looking For Larry

 Crown Victoria hardtop (Larry had a ragtop – convertible) 


Does the Internet frustrate you? The Internet certainly frustrates me more often than not. I suppose if I took the time to really understand the workings of all the search engines, mechanisms and other items of assistance by frustration would not be so great that this evening and had some major frustrations as I searched for a friend of mine who I will call Larry Green. Larry was just a little bit older than I was, Maybe a year at least one grade older. The main reason that I knew Larry was that he was in my ward (again the reader is constant will recognize that name from older posts about the Saturday night dance). So even though I was not of been part of Larry's universe in school or even on the bus ride home I rubbed elbows with him in/on my Sunday meetings. The green slipped even further south and east and Boise Avenue than we did. They did live on a farm or anything just a small cute little house at the end of a rather long road. Larry as well as his family was quiet unassuming and diligent as Mormons go. The dad's name is Lloyd was an elder of course and I think he worked in construction. He had a great weatherbeaten face which was always tanned even in the dead of winter. Lloyd smiled a lot and the only shook your hand but he was kind of reticent and was always in the back which is all right with me I thought that was a a positive compared to some of the other personalities of our ward. You could tell Lloyd was just a great and good, solid fellow much as my dad. I wish they'd been friends more than they were. One of the most significant things about Larry was that he actually had a vehicle, a car and more importantly a cool car. I know the vehicle was a Ford and am positive the vehicle is a Crown Victoria probably around 1955 to 1957. I've spent at least two hours of this weekend searching the Internet for these vehicles. Oh and did I mention the Crown Vic was also a ragtop! How cool is that? Larry, much like his dad was quiet, nice and unimposing. It seems I remember going to the Saturday night dances with Larry before I had my accident just because we both lived in the same part of town and it was no big deal for him to swing by and pick me up. It's now been more than 50 years since I have had dealings with Larry Green. And like to know what happened to him and his family. I would like to know more about the Crown Victoria. It was a beautiful blue and white two-tone with a black convertible top everything an adolescent boy could ever want. I spent the two hours searching everything I knew how to trying to locate my friend. I might put a search out on some of the Boise Facebook groups to see if anyone knows. Larry was smart hope he went to university will be sidestepped the Vietnam War and the LDS mission and found the life and wife he truly deserved. I'm not sure exactly the year of his vehicle if I find out I'll update this blog posting also going to default to us to 1955 I think image I found of the Crown Victoria…

No comments: