Monday, August 05, 2019

True Confessions



As you know I try to stay away from national events and things that are happening right now in the news i.e. breaking news. It's just that there's so much treatment in the media that I need to waste time on the events of the day is bleak and dark is a seem to be any more. However I've been haunted by the issue that every shooter leaves the family they were raised with to deal with the aftermath of the kids actions. And these are major actions there's no justification regarding what they're doing is just weird. Makes you think about me and my weird actions over my lifetime that thank God I have not carried to completion many of these events. And the ones that I have been involved in for one reason or another have been stifled from coming to fruition. Odd as it sounds and I don't understand why are feel I would be singled out for sparing but I feel at times I've been spared being part of the tragic if not dismal event. For some reason over the past couple of nights after the events of this last week mass shootings of thought about my childhood things that I've done that never really got the publicity are reporting that should've could've happened but didn't.

On our little farm outside of Boise Idaho in the late 50s early 60s I don't remember if it was my older brother for my dad or if the frame of the clubhouse was already there when he moved to that property but at some point we had this great one room clubhouse probably was 10' x 10' x 8' high at least 8 feet high. And there is a great roof on the clubhouse and somehow my dad or my brothers cut a hole in the center of the roof and we put an old table above the hall so sore like a lookout station is pretty cool. Anyway we of course built a ladder going up to the roof of the clubhouse and would hang out there and Associates one-year-old room and kind of fun. We had some neighbors that really never liked the kids there the Pattersons and they had two daughters and a son but they're all different. They were good people we treated them weird and I take responsibility for that even though is really young I just never treated the right. But I know is that my brother and I somehow got Joanne is the oldest of the girls up on top of the clubhouse with her little sister. Once on top of the clubhouse we took away the ladder so they couldn't get down and then threw in burning newspapers. I can't believe we did that and thinking back I know how we thought we could get away with that. Of course there's nothing in the clubhouse I could catch on fire and the burnt newspapers extinguish themselves long before the boards could catch on fire to burn. The girls of course are screaming and all I remember is seeing Mr. and Mrs. Patterson come storming across our fields is fast they can to rescue their daughters.

What's weird is that nothing happened from this incident that I can remember. No groundings, no going to the rooms, no punishment that I remember of any kind except being yelled at little bit by my parents. I'm surprised our neighbors didn't take us to court, I'm surprised I didn't get myself thrown in the detention are my older brother. I probably could sneak out by being the younger brother just been a follower but nothing even happened to me or my brother, Ross which I still to this day think is really weird. I've never really talk about this from his reasons I still wonder if I did not have a significant disability without be like today and I thank God every morning for my disability keeping me out of the legal system…

No comments: