Sunday, November 03, 2019

A Perfectly Wonderful Day



I don't know what it is but I love to cook and Sunday seems to be a great day to exercise that love. Today it's meatloaf. I been processing the vegetables for the meatloaf earlier today since I got dressed and ready for the day even though I'm gimping around In this broken chair. Today is the but box which seems to be falling apart. Not the chair's fault not by any stretch it's me the destroyer is hard at work again maybe not intentionally result is the same the chair is reaching for chaos and back to its original elements. Hopefully my brother will be by this afternoon, even though I told them I could wait until Monday not have to deal with the whole ox in the mire scenario.

Mire are not I brother was coming over and he would work on my chair and he would get my chair functional again. I could've kept my mouth shut, I guess and limped through the day until tomorrow, Monday and called the folks over at the wheelchair shop then hobbled my way over there for them to work on the chair and I know would not do near the amount of good work that my brother Carl can do and has always done. Also, perhaps it was my cheap way of getting some visitation. That is such a weird concept and that such a weird cliché that I've become: the older American sitting alone in their little apartment watching the world pass them by. But, a chance to spend time with my big brother I'm not going to miss that not the hardly anything. Plus, I would have someone to put the meatloaf into the oven.

I actually thought about putting together the ingredients for the loaf last night but the evening got away from me. I wish I could say I had something super important that I let taken front seat to my meatloaf preparation but I could.. I got tired and sucked into silly television my bane. I didn't even watch anything new. I settled for my favorite Rom-com: You've Got Mail . I love everything about that show not only the two characters but the whole New York scene in which they live. It's probably my favorite Saturday night flick. Anyway, I spent this morning chopping onions, green pepper, one piece of bread half a dozen crackers, saltines. Set them aside. Spent a good 30 minutes trying to get my mixer operational which did not happen and it up using my hands to goop the sausage and hamburger and chopped materials together. I've and I got my new glass cooking pan. I molded the meatloaf in the bread pan then transferred the molded loaf into my class pan and let the meatloaf set until my brother arrived.

We through the meatloaf into the oven, and of course the heat wave when we Released when we opened the oven set off the fire alarm and had to call Diana to throw off. And of course, I did not note the time when we set the meatloaf to cook so this case narrows go have to guess time in the oven and I Had the temperature set to 425 which probably should've and 350 or something for an hour and a half. Carl wanted to do the chair repair outside in the back parking lot. The sun was out temperatures in the 50s and it felt like spring is beautiful, I should but not reading. Once again crowded more than admirable job. I'm so proud of him and what he does for me. We talked about family talked about what's going on with each other we got to visit. I swear if I didn't have these minor challenges I would probably never see my brother. It's weird if I didn't have the amount of people in my life that I do that help me cut off the head as they do when I need I would be in great trouble.

I overcooked the meatloaf. It's okay I like it and that's the beautiful this for me now certainly it but had to serve it to anybody. I don't know if I like the sausage hamburger concept I'm not used to it. Rather just you straight hamburger which I will
. I didn't get to put ketchup on the meatloaf as they say to do in the last 30 minutes of cooking because I knew once I opened up that door to the oven the alarms going off – – and it did, and placed in a call to Diana and left the meatloaf in the oven until a cold to the point that I cut off the end for tasting purposes and then have a slice for dinner with one Biscuit. I thought about putting together a can of green beans or maybe cooking the broccoli as well as the carbohydrate possibly a baked potato are one of the packages of mashed potatoes I have kicking around. I couldn't find a mashed potatoes than finally consumed a slice of meatloaf covered in ketchup with the biscuit and called it dinner. I got all my clocks turned back except one and all have Annette do that tomorrow. It's been a wonderful night perfectly day

No comments: