Sunday, November 10, 2019

Life's Been Good…



I really did absolutely nothing today and I don't feel too guilty either. I suppose I could mitigate my guilt A little by saying that I didn't want to aggravate my tender butt and driving around tends to do that sometimes. I'm sure I just need a good but wash (which I should get tomorrow because it's home health day for me – – home health Monday). Truthfully however I didn't have anywhere to go, I suppose I could have saddled up and gone up to the movies that just seems like a waste of money and something I really don't like to do on a Sunday unless a really good movie might be playing. But I was happy to hang around the apartment and pretend like I was doing something positive. The High Point of the day so far was a call for my daughter was on her way to pick up the girls who'd been visiting with her dad over the weekend. Shelley and I have started these daddy daughter talk a-thons when she drives from one of her jobs are when she picks up the kids or when she will be driving a long time and need someone to talk to during the drive. We have great discussions covering all kinds of issues, some family related, some kid related some historically related but it's always a good conversation that we have and that I'm glad to stop whatever I'm doing when she calls. I would imagine the calls average about an hour in length. We continually talk there are no pauses pregnant or otherwise however, sometimes there is yawning going on She was sleeping poorly the other night. Anyway an interesting thought that I brought up during the conversation was how I was feeling a little guilty for not doing more with my day – – sort of like what I started this blog with.


I told Michelle that I was getting more and more comfortable with just hanging out inside my apartment. Amazingly, thinking of all the technological tie-ins that I enjoy. Whether I'm texting Dianne or a friend I have in the Netherlands or my buddy in Mexico. I text these folks for only often and when I'm done especially if it's a video text I feel asked to spend time with them (yes, I know I did spend time with and but like I actually visited with them which I did, 09 getting all confused but you know what I mean) I guess what I'm writing is that I don't feel cooped up, isolated cut off from the world. I have my text, Netflix and Amazon subscriptions and my writing, which is basically blogging but still it's writing and I do it every day, I work out I cook and I have my weekly monthly meetings and go out to eat regularly with friends. I think I'm doing okay, it's not like I'm doing trips to Europe, Hawaii, the outback are going on campouts but I relatively happy doing what I'm doing. I'm especially excited and feeling involved with the new occupational therapy regimen I'm doing with Nikki. I'm improving I'm not doing the art classes which I probably should be doing for all the reasons I've outlined before. I'm trying to be more proactive and protective of my ass, literally. I think of my friends who are all in severe medical situations from things like pressure sores and worse and thinking I'm doing okay. People love me people help me when I need help and people respond to my Facebook postings I guess I'm doing all right… Consider Joe Walsh and life's been good :-)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=





No comments: