Friday, November 22, 2019

Gunmetal Gray Day

22 November and oddly, at least I think it's odd, that I did not hear a single reference to the assassination of JFK to some years ago. I don't know for sure what that means, maybe it means more than anything else I'm just an old guy in that event that meant a great deal to me this have any reference all four kids born after that time. What really makes the sound old and I guess I am. However, I still think it strange that no reference especially in the news, the national news, and the national news always references stuff like that: major events in US history. Maybe September 11 is not the JFK thing off its pedestal and 911 is the new JFK. Today the place where I live at its resident Thanksgiving day dinner. The Corporation supplies roast turkey and the rest is supplied by everybody else. Everyone brings a covered dish if they want or roles, pie dessert potluck. I actually signed up for candied yams and was kind of excited about the whole concept. I even purchased a new Pyrex 8 x 8” cooking vessel. I already had a can of sweet potatoes and so fossilized brown sugar as well as marshmallows. I'm pretty sure the marshmallows brown sugar would heat up and melt with the applied heat, 400° in the oven for 20 minutes at 30 (I looked it up). The only issue I realized was that I had made the appointment for my occupational therapy with Nikki on Fridays. I think deep down perhaps psychologically I even made the appointment so that I wouldn't have to take part in the resident Thanksgiving dinner. I had the excuse. I had signed a document however that was out in the foyer about what various people were volunteering to bring to the potluck. I was going to do candied yams. I couldn't believe nobody had signed up to do candied yams. The only problem I realized was that unless I cooked the yams at night before or got up super early This morning and cooked the yams and then came straight home as fast as I could after rehab/OT which it pretty much get me here by dinner. I didn't want to take that risk of cooking and not delivering. Oddly, again I ended up calling Dianne at the hospital/rehab center and asked to she wanted to have lunch at McDonald's which is right next to the facility that I OT at. She said yes and so we spent the next couple hours together following my Nikki time. The sky today, all day was gunmetal gray, almost a depressing silver color. The temperatures dropped and there are even a few drops of moisture in the air not quite snow but not rain either. It was nice being out even though it was cold waiting for the bus to take me back to bullet-ville and the next couple hours with my home cleaning person. I'm glad the cleaning lady came today but I would've also been is glad that she not. I would love to just sat in my apartment Max the heat and enjoy the solitude of the day…

No comments: