Tuesday, November 05, 2019

Red Lady and Pocket Pooch


Blog 110519 – – Tuesday

I could never get over how much drama there seems to be in life or maybe that's what life is, life is nothing but drama. I was pleased this morning when I called and found out my weekly meeting was not happening today given me more time to lay back in my power chair to take the weight off my butt. I think I'm having some skin issues and I worry about traveling a distance in my chair right now because, I know it sounds silly, but crossing each section between concrete slabs which make up the sidewalks causes just a little bite on my butt if that makes sense. Anyway, the less I have to travel on some days the less beat up my butt gets.

I puttered around the apartment all morning washing my few dishes, doing the mailing basically evaporating time until it was time to catch my bus up to the university bearing unit where I was to have my follow-up. Actually, but felt pretty good but the time is ready to go down to the corner to catch the bus. The day was beautiful warmer than usual nice day for public transit. Interestingly I passed a fairly old lady is is going to the bus stop. She was working over a little blue scooter, like a motorcycle scooter. I noticed she also had one of those little rat dogs in a pouch. I really didn't think too much of the scene. I mean, I spent enough of my time over the years bent over and motorcycle that would work (before my accident of course). There's nothing worse than a motorcycle paperweight unless it's electric wheelchair paperweight. Anyway for some reason I wasn't surprised when I looked up and there she came pushing the electric cycle with dog in pouch. She is pushing the cycles directly to the bus stop. I was curious how the driver was going to handle this. I'd never reall put the seat down for the first thingy thought about electric scooter in the shape of a motorcycle being pushed on the bus. Of course by cycles are always mounted on the front of the bus but there's no way to do that with this electric cycle. The driver gave her the fisheye when she pushed the cycle on board the bus after I'd gotten on and then tied down. I was impressed the driver did not challenge her in any way in fact he raise the seat on the other side of the aisle, across from me, for a place the scooter could reside. Of course, the old lady put the seat down First thing and sat down with her scooter in the aisle . Of course the drivers going to have nothing of that and demanded that she raise the seat back up. There is an immediate attention between the two one that I didn't want to get in the middle of. But the old lady know she's outgunned she raise the seat and slid the scooter inside the space.

Of course she was going to the train station same as I. I lost track of her when she bordered the many high block to take the blue line into the city. I kind of think there's something wrong with the chair and she is going somewhere to get it repaired. I mean she is pretty old I can't imagine her riding this scooter but I kind of hope she does and did her in her little dog in her pouch right nor wrong in a little blue scooter warms my heart

No comments: