Saturday, November 30, 2019

Goodbye November



For the first time this week the only thing I had to do today was work on promises. It's amazing how efficient my home health person has become. She is the one, Annette, who demands that I purchased two hours of heard services at a time. That's okay because she charges significantly less than other cleaning professionals would charge and I think Annette does more on top of that. The fact that I indirectly pay her another three hours during the week when she comes to deliver my regular B&B services does not hurt much either. I've spent the whole day working on a project for my friend Lori Brock. I'm doing some transcribing which I would've done anyway if I had to wash clothes but I didn't because Annette through the close in the washer on Friday morning when she was here and then folded close when she came back to work the apartment later on freeing me up to do whatever I wanted on my Saturday in a pretty clean apartment.

I bet I've put in close to seven hours on this transcribing project. I'm pretty much using my tablet as well as my desktop for the project. I've been to transcriptions before this and not had the amount of problems I've suffered on this project. I wish you had better software ensure that would've helped our would help but I'm having to do with what I've got and that's okay. I had to download a piece of software that the little awkward to work with but functional enough. The problem is the person Lori is interviewing is really verbose and seems to be all over the page as far as answering the questions. I think already I'm up to about 5000 words and that just blows me away. I'm really quite spooked that the software I'm using is a little flaky and tends to reposition the cursor and I don't know about it then all of a sudden I realize I'm in a different position that I thought that I was. I don't know if and when a work on the project anymore tonight but I want to see if I can finish the project by tomorrow evening, 1 December! Don't get me wrong I am not bad mouthing this project I love having something to do like this and who knows maybe at some point the money to be some renumeration if anyone can finagle a grant to do such a thing it would be Lori Brock.

No food bank today – – private nonprofit employees are taking the weekend off and that's okay for me. I have way more than enough food to get me by. I'll be okay at least until Monday. Of course with tomorrow I have the three letters to write and I still have to write Christmas cards. I really don't have to leave the apartment until Tuesday for my assist meeting but Monday begins a busy week climaxing with the annual Assist, Inc. holiday open house. So, perhaps I'll Netflix are Amazon prime the rest of this evening, finish up my transcription project tomorrow rest and get ready the plow into December 2019…

No comments: