Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Friends




I really thought I was going to take it easy today stay in, stay warm and enjoy the vacuum carpets of my apartment. A cold front wanted through bringing clouds, precipitation and chilly temperatures. Not a lot of rain however which was why when Dianne called I thought it would be a great idea to go out for lunch. I love spending time with Dianne is like the old days almost. We can sit and talk and talk and talk drink coffee and realize we are basically on our own. It's kind of crazy I still don't know quite how to think about the whole relationship but I think Dianne's sister said it best when she told Dianne that puts the sister wanted was for Dianne and I seem to have. I'm sure it's just an illusion and the sister sees what she wants and wants to see but in reality she's not willing to pay the price.

Dianne just spent the last hundred and some days aiding and abetting her sister who is going through a rough spot with her husband the sky pilot living in North Carolina. Something about the North Carolina Hills I think makes people do crazy things I don't care how beautiful the Carolinas are but still the deep South and weird things happen in the deep South. Dianne over to her house and her life to her little sister. She actively assisted her sister in getting medical and legal attention,Healthcare and a safe place to decompress. Too bad however things didn't take, this time, and the little sisters come back to the Carolina Hills to her castle made of wood and her idol made of clay. I have never been called to care for a member of my family as Dianne has and does. I guess I'm fortunate in that members of my family have kind of done that for me. I lived at one time in the Carolinas because my brother took me in what may parents needed a rest not only for me (as an adolescent) but also for me as a person with a pretty significant disability. My older brother bedroom in his home and then took care of me and I mean took care of me as well as carded me back and forth to school through a major race riot the day Martin Luther King was assassinated and has continued to assist me ever since.

I'm not sure what Diane's and my relationship really is We're probably going to be a couple of old coots like Tracy and Hepburn, Fonda and Hepburn,Nicholson and Hunt and a bunch more seasoned couples making the best of getting old or being old. We laugh, we talk about our families, we gossip about our friends include against the controlling government and its white male leadership.She's got the house and the message goes along with it and I've got the apartment and a cleaning person once a week I suppose everything works out.I don't know how long this going to lunch or dinner or maybe breakfast thing is going to last. We're both aging and probably both at risk more so than we would like to think about right now are able to text, telephone and be together in small amounts…

No comments: