Saturday, November 16, 2019

Tech Probability Storm




I'm stuck right in the middle of the technology probability storm, what I mean by that is everything that touches me technologically seems to be malfunctioning for one reason or another. Fortunately none of the malfunctions have been life-threatening just annoying. Earlier in the week the electrical outlet right behind my bed what I have The lamp above my bed plugged in as well is the bed itself of the two the bed is the more critical. I can actually get in and out of my bed without the lamp being on the I'm going to read, which I like to do every night, I got I had the lamp. The bed like I said is much more critical because it's electrical and because the back comes up sits me up as well is the foot of the bed rises as well and allows me to position myself not only for doing things like cathing during the night But also allowing me to transfer into bed when I get into bed as well as transfer from my bed to the chair when I get up in the morning both areas are critical to me living independently. So when for whatever reason the plug-in behind the bed loosens in the bed stops I'm SOL unless I can finagle it are I can do a transfer. Those two items are technology but more annoying than anything else. My power chair is another issue entirely. I need to have it functional. I don't know if it's related but yesterday at some point my foot box stopped functioning. The foot box allows my feet to stay secure on the foot plate. The box is supplied by the electronic harness one that went bad a few weeks ago or maybe a couple months and I actually had to have it replaced. The foot box articulates and so when it goes down to a certain level another motor kicks in and actually lifts my feet are legs up so I can drive my chair around. When that box does not articulate fully it leaves the box down dragging and has my legs kind in the air and allowing are not allowing me to get underneath things like the bathroom and kitchen sink are my arm bike. I found that I tip back in my chair enoughSo I can drive around here at least. Fortunately after about two hours the connection seem to come back online.

This afternoon I was positioning myself in my chair which means I tell my chair back and then push off the foot plate which allows me to bridge and reposition my weight on my butt. This is great for me but it's painful for my chair I'm sure and today a portion of the footplate fell off our hung down. So frustrating. Luckily I was able to contact my brother who would be driving around town this afternoon this evening anyway taking kids to a ballgame so he stop by and once again fixed my chair and keeps me going. So frightening as it is I just have to get through this probability storm and hope no big pieces of technology falls in my lap.



No comments: