Friday, November 29, 2019

Apartment Clean



What about going to do? I am so Flippin lucky. Annette my cleaning person who is also my home health person does such a great job on my apartment. She is the first home health person I have had who consistently sweeps my kitchen floor, straightens up the kitchen area sometimes even washing and vacuums the apartment every time she's here to provide my home care services. I know it seems to be explicit in the title “home care services” but she's the only one who consistently does this work. I had one woman who is pretty darn good and sporadically would do some of these other things like make my bed vacuum when she thought for the carpet needed it. I realized then it was to keep her mind active and not go far in waiting for me to produce on the toilet either way I am totally appreciative of the extra's. I may have to give my person an extra 20 or 50 at Christmas.

Because Annette does such a proficient job three times a week the apartment is maintaining an orderly appearance all the time. I think you know this but on Fridays I have Annette come to my apartment to provide two hours of maintenance general. This work on Friday, this two hours, is a little more intensive than what she does during the week and I really have to work hard to try to keep finding things for her to do for the two hour block that I have her for. That was her doing and not mine. Annette says she cannot justify coming out for less than two hours and I do not fault her for The two hours. After all she is charging me about $10 less anybody else would. So, finishing within the two hour block early does not hurt as bad since she does so much extra work the other three days of the week. I know this is a deal And I can afford an extra half hour If not really needed. This week she started with the bathroom which was relatively clean didn't take long, sift through the bedroom then worked on the kitchen again which didn't take long. I purposely left the wash to be folded and hung up what she did fast work of that. I had her straighten my writing area in my art area. I even had her make me a Jell-O salad which she did really quickly and looks very good. The Jell-O salad will be the finest point of my Thanksgiving weekend.

I could really tell that Annette has done a great job by Mark's expression when he in Jasmine stopped into give me a holiday visit. Market called yesterday and wanted to go out this morning to breakfast but I just told them I had too much going on but I'd be more than happy to visit with them should they drop by which they did. What fun. Mark was totally impressed with how the apartment appeared when he walked in mention it numerous times that made me feel good and maybe feel that my money is worthwhile spent and that it's helping out somebody who could really use it. A winter storm hammered the area today dropping a good amount of snow. I didn't have to leave the apartment and that's just fine with me. I doubt that I'll go anywhere tomorrow either or Sunday. I'm working on Lori Brock's transcription and it's a much slower process than the other two interviews but still kind of fun and a great excuse to stay inside out of the winter snow and ice….

No comments: