Sunday, November 17, 2019

Putting Fun In Functionality


Now I don't want to burn you guys out regarding this new phase of my life of occupational therapy and time with Nikki but it's the only thing that seems to be happening in my life right now except traumas regarding my electrical equipment to one sort or another. Therefore I'm going to explore more and more this concept of electrical stimulation. I know I wrote a little bit about this last week but I had another week of stim. Nicky left the electrodes on longer this week, she kept turning the power of like a mad doctor and some Frankenstein remake. She does get a gleam in her eye but she sees my fingers dance around. This last week we used new patches brand-new out of the package I thought she was going to wet her parents she was so excited. Electrode patches were so sticky I thought skin was going to come off when she decided to rip the patches free (and that was on my account because she was slowly parlayed the patches off which hurt like a mother trucker so I told her to do the fast rep) and she did. No flesh was hurt and I was rubbing the spot but I don't know from the adhesiveness of the patch on electrical stimulation is also burning. I did see any smoker anything so I guess that's okay.

I'm excited that the level of excitement that Nikki exhibits in me. Each week we tackle a new area it seems like. This last week Nikki seemed a bit restrained, any more than once that we are exploring avenues that are interested to me. I guess she means that if I don't feel like developing the pincher function of my thumb and forefinger's is important since I am getting along okay without stronger pincer movement that they won't necessarily work on developing that particular skill set. However, I know this means a lot to her that I am able to do this. But the more I think about it she does have a point I need to examine do I really want to sharpen up the skills for don't need to that in the long run really will do me any good because I'm getting by pretty darn good with what I've got. I think for the time being I'm going to let this idea ride and continue to explore other areas of occupational therapy and living independent. I don't know if I would have her come to my apartment as I did with Casey and he was able to see how I lived and gave me some pointers on what I might do to increase my functionality. However, I am pretty functional. It's not like I wanted more functionality when I entered this area of occupational therapy I just wanted to use up the hours I had coming to me via my insurance protocols. So exploration is the main concept I need to explore and maybe through this exploration will find some avenues to exploit. I mean one of the things I might like to do is get hooked back up to a ceiling rail like we did at the rehab facility I stayed at couple years ago. That was grand fun. I know this is not essentially supposed to be fun but that's how I'm going to treat it. Good use of my hours and have some fun and maybe if I get some functionality and maybe even some stretching out of it all the better…


No comments: