Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Of Dream Catchers and Electric Pizza

I'm tired this afternoon – I'm always tired it seems like anymore but that's okay I'm basically happy, happily tired. I woke up at 3:30 AM this morning from a disturbing dream that I think was the result of thinking about Gil Hammonds Cerebral bleeding resulting from brain cancer I believe. Oddly, I lay there wondering from one thought to another Finding it nearly impossible to get to sleep. I did not necessarily feel the urging to use my catheter but finally the urge came and I did use the catheter and then slept for about another two hours roughly. The sleep is not necessarily restful but offered great hope that I would basically survive the day. I had made arrangements with the Lori Brock to meet at the community college cafeteria At 1:00 PM. She has offered me some more opportunities to volunteer transcribing her latest interview. The day is cold following yesterday snowstorm, temperature sank but there was sunshine and sunshine makes all the difference in the world. However, I did wrap my legs in the black comforter and made my way to the cafeteria. We had a good discussion over cocoa and tea. I got the 2-for-1 pizza deal = 2 pieces of pizza for five bucks the good-sized. I was doing good I was not sleeping not much anyway in our conversation. Seems like I made the case that I've been sleeping poorly but actually asleep okay. I think I may even have discussed before how older folks at this facility where I live sleep hardly at all it seems like just a few hours every night but they all take naps during the day in some cases more than one. So maybe and fit in with my demographic I don't know. But, thankfully when I lay my head to sleep at night I usually tumble right off after a few minutes of kicking and and spasming Is my body gets used to the new positioning. Once I get myself squared away in bed I drift off early quickly that's usually after I spent 20 minutes to 45 minutes reading if I'm lucky enough to get that many minutes in before dozing off – – that's what I know it's time. There's a lamp directly over my head of course that I reach and switch off. I wake usually a couple hours in and go back to sleep I really lucky day/night I was sleep all the way Through the 530 to our 6 AM. That's when the neighbor upstairs flushes is toilet is pretty regular. In the old house that I came from when I got this bad Dianne came upon a dream catcher, you know one of those circular things made by Native Americans often with feathers and such. Of course Stephen King has a book at least on the subject are short stories. I kind love my dream catcher I think it does catch dreams. What is odd though, yesterday or maybe late the day before I don't know what happened but the dream catcher detached from the bar above might head landed on my fore head.Actually felt kind of spooky until I reached up and found out what it was. I tried to attach the dream catcher back up on its bar and I finally did but I don't think I did it right. Dream catcher was not secure the sooner hanging off of the bolt or something. I'm not saying that's the reason why I had the disturbing dream regarding Gil but it certainly seems like it could've happened and maybe my dreams of continue to be weird until I can get someone to attach the dream catcher back in place.

No comments: