Friday, November 08, 2019

The Least I Could Do



Why do I feel so guilty? You will all remember a couple of years ago when I decided to go full bore and get a cleaning person for my apartment. I found a great cleaning person from my apartment manager here at Plymouth view. But like everything else my time with Jennifer was limited because for one reason or another she got out of the cleaning business. What a shame she is my first and the best. Next I end up engaging one of my first caregivers back in the old days at the old house but I still married. She's actually quite aged and am amazed that she continues I has to continue to work in order survive. There is quite a long time after Jennifer before I end up going with Gail. Gail was okay a little slower but you charged a lot less than other women in the trade. Recently, you will remember, Gail had the automobile accident and I really thought that she was done with housework and such. She had to replace her vehicle entirely on her own and I do not know how she pulled that rabbit out of the hat but Gail did and on the road again.

When I had Jennifer the first and best house keeper I only used here for one hour a week she got everything done within that hour. He Gail and the others just have not measured up to the standard of Jennifer but I was still pleased to have them because they made my apartment livable for me. Gail insisted on two hours a visit which scared me at first out what it will cost me $30 in cash, under the table. What a system. When Gail had her accident, naturally also left without a cleaning person. Annette who is been providing home health services were three or four months now ever since my last person left does a great job of cleaning the place while I'm doing my bowel program which takes anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes! Vacuuming floors, mopping the kitchen and the bathroom, starting wash and even folded wash when she's here in the wash is done drying. Within the hour that I have her through the agency she really keeps the apartment maintained very well. So with Gail out of the picture I naturally offered the same deal to Annette who took it and somehow it's worked into every week cleaning versus wants or twice a month. I'm blessed because I can do that financially right now and I really do enjoy the level of service that I've gotten from Annette.

This afternoon as Annette was here to do the two hours, from 3 to 5. I have to think of things for her to do to absorb the two hours. Today I was having Annette help me stir biscuits from a mix. There was a knock on the door and in came Gail. I had the weirdest feeling of being caught, of mixed it up with another woman. I was totally shocked from what I had heard from the accident that I was sure that Gail is going to be out of commission for some time but here she was back in the game and I think she really needs to work. I don't know what I can do because I don't think it's fair to break the contract with Annette who also really needs the work. Gail and I talked for a little bit she dropped off the towels and then was gone. Nobody talked about anything but I think it'll go on as is. Perhaps I can refer Gail over to somebody else who is looking for some possible options for light housekeeping. It's the least I can do…

No comments: