Monday, November 18, 2019

Pretty Slick Chick


Larissa lives in my building. She's older than I am, first-generation German I'm pretty sure German could be Slavic but appreciate striven. I'm always guarded when around her. She's very very conservative one can only imagine. She's very supportive of the American president even before he was president. I did not intend to but she kind of trapped me into a number of conversations which ended up in very loud shouting matches. I should know better. I was raised a big family I know what entrapments like and I know how to avoid it but sometimes I slept in things, that you roundabout particularly when your guard is down and you think you're among friends.

I think Larissa is a born again Christian. I first got my radar working when a couple summers ago, the first summer after I moved in, she offered me some pretty great fried potatoes on a very nice plate. I enjoyed the potatoes and when I went to give them back she caught me in the religious conversation. I never did give the plate back and I have seen her rarely in the interim. Oh we're casual we even get along. I still, however, go out of my way to avoid her and I see her approaching. I missed trust any of her good deeds she does for anyone but especially for me. I sense that she's trying to Christianize me. Things got very awkward last week when I was coming into the building from an afternoon out and ran into Larisa downloading items from her car. She must've been to Walmart or Costco or wherever they have rotisserie chickens available for a very affordable price. I was cordial I said hello to smile yet tried not to engage. It was then when Larisa asked me if I liked roast chicken…?! Is this a trick question? Who does not like roast chicken? But I could sense there is a “hook” to the question. Larissa pulled out a roast chicken in one of those cute little plastic coffins Which the roast chickens are conveniently placed. Then Larissa went into this big deal about did I want to chicken and of course I said “no”. She countered by know if the fact that she was doing her Christmas early this year and she got me the chicken for an early Christmas present. How can I refute that? I could be a creep and totally refuse the chicken (perhaps is what she wanted maybe the whole incident was a Seinfeld episode offer the chicken and I'm supposed to turn it down). Lotus was insistent I finally relented and now have been carving the chicken up all week for dinner our sandwiches and I still have half a chicken to go. I don't know where they get the chickens from but the huge.


Hohoho/Merry Christmas and a chicken in every pot. Now I kind of feel indebted to Larissa for some sort of Christmas offering is in response. Where I figure I still got a good month before Christmas at least so maybe I get to the dollar store or maybe I'll just send her a pizza, a Christmas pizza that's it that would be just perfect…


No comments: