Wednesday, November 13, 2019

To Be or Not Be...Histrionic





I don't mean to be an alarmist or histrionic but I feel something is happening, I don't know quite what the somethingbut Is happening and I can ignore it any longer. It's not painful at this time but things are changing. I don't feel quite right inside myself. I've noticed this change most since I had to replace the motor on the bed. This change could have happening before the motor broke on the bed but now it's obvious to me. When I tumbled into bed at the end of the day I try to get comfortable. I sleep on my right side I guess I always have especially since the accident. Now, I think it has something to do with how my one side is less strong than the other but I do sleep on my right side pulling my right leg up underneath my left leg. When we got the motor switched and I got into bed everything felt different. I just wrote the feeling as “new” item phenomenon in this case motor phenomenon. I was pleased at how well the motor worked and how silent and efficient the motor now seemed over what it was. But the mattress just didn't feel quite right. My brother had done excellent job remaking the bed really much better than my caregiver does. I should've been in seventh heaven and I tried to be but I couldn't get out of the telestial Kingdom.

Not only this physical thing of not feeling comfortable in bed anymore – – and let me say that being comfortable may not be very accurate because I really had to struggle to even get a feeling of comfort but I could achieve that eventually. Now does not seem to be so much. Springs to mind some of the memory thing I'm going through right now. Many times I wake up and I believe I'm forgetting things. Dreams are one thing I expect to lose those on achieving consciousness either quickly are over a period of time but many times as I lay there just post sleep I feel I'm forgetting all kinds of things. Things that should be remembering and it feels like it's getting worse. This morning I had this feeling strongly. So strong to the point I got a little nervous if not frightened. I'm wondering for example in my having many strokes is that why the bed this him feel like it used to? Do I have onset of Alzheimer's and is this anxiety I'm feeling the feeling of memory loss? Not that it makes a whole lot of difference and I don't know if I has any bearing on what I'm writing about now by boss but waking up quite early 2:15 AM 3:15 AM and then just barely sleeping past that point this is when I and up pondering these frightening things to me. What's odd is that often I go to the day with very little impact as far as sleep loss goes. Sometimes it would be grand to take a nap but I never do.

What I think is a good thing or me just in the bargaining scenarios is that as I gain consciousness and begin my day. Getting up and out of bed is best example I am okay. I swing my legs out of bed over the chair grabbed my trapeze and do the switch line up my legs then sliding the my power chair, pull away from the bed then we positioned myself and then off to the races I go. If it's an odd day I wait for my home health person, I make the coffee, do some dishes clean up the kitchen I'm doing everything okay. If it's not day I do the business in the bathroom, do my shaving get dressed get breakfast and get on with my day. I'm doing good. Even now as I write this I'm thinking I might just been histrionic? What is going on? I feel great, my words are coming quickly and smoothly. I'm enjoying my day, I'm reading well and I want to go out I could do that. I just don't know what is causing this other feeling of anguish, memory loss and discomfort as I sleep are trying to sleep through the night. A lot to think about for the old guy but I'm glad to be where I am... I just have questions.



No comments: