Thursday, November 21, 2019

Connecting The Dots

Am I so so much different than everybody else? I'd like to think that I am and that my traumas and challenges are singular to me and my place in life but I sometimes get a sneaky suspicion that I am not that much different than everyone else. I've noticed lately with some increasing frequency that sometime midmorning I look at my medication cupboard and cannot remember did I take my meds are not. At one time this was not a big deal because I thought taking meds is somewhat cosmetic and that overall they really didn't do much for you but the last couple of trips to my healthcare provider she is ingrained the need of me for statins – – that mysterious chemical group that greatly reduces the risk of heart attack and other kinds of horrible endings. Top that off with more and more evening news broadcasts on the glorification the statins I am reinforced to make sure that I take my daily dose my morning statins. (I don't even often seen this right). The only thing I do know is that my doctor has drilled in my mind YOU HAVE TO TAKE YOUR STATINS! I suppose like all things I could best one maybe two and not be in jeopardy – – hell, probably even more but I'm pretty convinced I have to take him every day. So, I get a little freaked when I can't remember if I'd taken them just a few hours earlier. 

 And that's my great come away today. Why, in my losing my short-term memory arts sure seems like I am but I can't remember. It's like I'm partially sure but not 100% sure. After all, I get up make coffee prattle around the kitchen usually and somewhere along the line take my meds. This last couple of weeks I've really been drinking more and more tomato juice and making a concoction of juice and apple cider vinegar with a couple tablespoons of juice from my pickled peppers which is probably vinegar as well. I really like the flavor vinegars give the tomato juice. I've been kind of lucky because I've been schlepping the bottles of discarded tomato juice that other apartment folks here leave at the sharing shelf. No one seems to like the tomato juice but me. I think the reason they don't like the tomato juice is its low-sodium well couple shakes of the good saltshaker fixes that. I average three or four bottles a month which is pretty good when you figure tomato juice type drinks run about $3.97 at my fresh market across the street. I've gotten so dependent on the tomato juice I even bought a couple bottles last night to hold me over till the next food box day which is the end of the week. But I get so involved with making my tomato juice cocktail that I either slip the morning meds in my mouth and down them or forget to and down the at least eight ounces of tomato juice. I have an empty glass but I don't remember quite did I take my meds are not. 

 I was going over this with Dianne the other day at the village in and her eyes brightened and dug into her purse and brought out a couple of monthly calendars, pocket calendars and explain to me how she had similar problems and she has resorted to this pocket calendar that she put the.on when she takes her morning or evening meds. I would only need to record my morning meds as I always remember my evening meds just because I don't want to spend my night with happy legs as I forgot my baclofen. I've also noticed an evening news which I make a point in watching every night there are more and more commercials for memory enhancers. So obviously I'm not the only one for getting. Again I am somewhat hypervigilant just because of my severe head injury as an adolescent. For some reason I believe that I am more risk for Alzheimer's and other brain disease issues at this don't want to be histrionic. Dianne gave me a couple of the Small calendars which I will keep by my meds and begin the process of connecting the dots from one day to the next making sure all meds are taken…

No comments: