Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Candied Yams And A Whole Lot More

Dressing fresh from the oven!


Tomorrow's Thanksgiving and what am I doing? I'm making Thanksgiving dishes like I was having some major dinner or something. Which really bizarre is that now, I'm almost positive I have two Thanksgiving dinners being brought into me by those who think I'm a sad and wasted old man miserably spending my holiday alone in my little apartment. I am not that person! I mean look at I say? These folks really wanted to make sure that I had a Thanksgiving dinner. And I thought, and I do want to Thanksgiving dinner. But what you really strange and kind of crazy is that I want to also make one. I am so weird.

So far the gigantic winter storm which was forecast to begin today has not really, as far as I can tell, the Taylorsville area. If you believe the local weather people on the 5:30 PM news is that great quantities of snow is falling all around this area but not here. Maybe later on tonight about the snow will be dropped by to see it right now and what the hell is wrong with me? Do I sound like I complaining? I guess I kind of am. I mean a huge snowfall is going to be nothing but a headache for me not right of the day of the snowfall especially since it's a holiday. It's not like I have anywhere to go. But as the days afterwards when the snow turns to ice small miniature ice flows, gutter glaciers everywhere, for a while anyway. I kind of feel bad for folks who promised me the Thanksgiving plate especially if they have to get out in the elements tomorrow. Perhaps I will contact them and tell them they don't have to sense snow is so pervasive in the fact that it's Thanksgiving Eve and I'm cooking my brains out at my apartment. I'm just having a great time!

This afternoon after I went through a lethargic sugar low I made some coffee and got to work. Downloaded a way to jazz up stove top dressing and it really worked reminded me of the old days I had a family that I lived with me chop up the onions, chopped parsley chop up the celery swept the vegetables through in the butter make the dressing. When I did this afternoon it was so much fun chop chop chop. The place smells great! I was relatively pleased because I wasn't sure how is going to handle the Sage but the stove top dressing that I got from the box from the food bank was already seasoned with the Sage I threw together popped up in the oven and sure enough 30 minutes later I had pretty decent looking dressing, amid yanked it out too soon is not as Brown crunchy as it has been but that's okay since I'm going to be reheating the dressing anyway and the crunch will not matter since it's spent the night in refrigerator and the crunch is long gone regardless. Next I attacked the candied yams. That was way simple I was surprised I plopped the can of yams in covered with brown sugar and cinnamon covered with marshmallows. The only problem I had/have is that I did not save the juice. I did not read the directions close enough that the drain the yams I didn't read where it says set aside ½ cup to add to the yams later. I'm sure the be okay I don't want the yams too good because I don't want to gorge on them. My weight was up this morning. Now, probably tomorrow I will cook the turkey breast that I have it set it aside and just see what comes in the front door the good Samaritans wanted to make sure I'm covered this Thanksgiving a nice big plate of turkey…

No comments: