Saturday, June 20, 2020

Almost Hot



It's another Saturday during this pandemic lockdown which means there really is the whole lot going on. Trying to be resourceful I decided to go over to the food bank and get what was available for today. I have to confess, I love the food bank. It'd been a couple weeks since I'd last used the service and staff were all excited because I was back. I'm always flabbergasted at what shows up at a food bank today I was excited to get container of clam chowder from higher class store here in Salt Lake. I was so taken with the clam chowder that I went immediately to the real market and purchased premium saltine crackers. I must be careful of my consumption of items like clam chowder just because they're so over laden with calories and there were no such least what I need right now. Loaded me up with hamburger and sliced frozen chicken breast fully cooked ready to, go for fajitasI intend to use the chicken for salad fixings. I got a huge bag of onions great big guys excited to use along with a number of avocados. Avocados are okay just wish I understood the better particularly in how to get into them. The avocados smaller than what most people would purchase but the free so what the heck I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the avocados but there too good to pass up. I remember Dianne would often use avocados at her salads that's a possibility. I have two heads of lettuce that I need to use quickly. I just have to force myself to eat some more salads. I quite like it when I get into them but just prepping could sometimes be challenging.

I think to myself what would I do if we were not on lockdown? I think first and foremost I would be going to more movies. I perhaps would go on a few more trips on the train or the bus. The temperatures are getting to the place where it's a delight to be outside. Now to make the most of the opportunity of hot dry weather. If the quarantines were not in place in the state was going back to its original status and programming I would probably still be doing the book club on Thursday afternoons. I don't necessarily know how much I enjoyed that commitment but it certainly gave me something to do on Thursday afternoons to assist me assure in the weekends. So as of is however, I am patiently waiting for the begin of the week. I assume they will begin carrying out the rug/carpet and putting down tiles for the rest of the apartment. I did not have Annette come in today just because quite clean up the place with all going get messed up next week. I may as will save the 40 bucks to use on the other side of the apartment renovation to assist me in getting my place back to normal. I took a chance today and I went online with Amazon and ordered another striped shirt. I hate doing this because it always leaves me with severe buyers remorse but the charge was only $17 and free return should I so desire I figured it was worth the risk. I really like my striped shirt and him on another to stretch out the striped shirt ownership especially since my red striped shirt disappeared. It's a nice Saturday afternoon, high clouds and temperatures probably in the high 70s it's not hot by any means but there is the promise sometimes a promise is good enough…

No comments: