Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Chains!?




I kind of like the idea or at least promoting the idea that I live in a “gated” community. I DO live in a gated community the community just not a hotsy totsy. We have gates swing shut at a certain period of time. If I don't think much about where I live and the fact that I have fences all around the property I do okay. I just get a bit nervous when I have to really deal with the issue of locks gates and things like that. One of the things I like best about my apartment is that the apartment is at the back of the Complex and outside the back door is accessible sidewalk which leads to the back gate which opens to Redwood Road and Route 217. I love having access to the bus route. It's like my own personal ride. The past couple weeks of the challenge to me because for one reason or another my “clicker” electronic device which opens electric gate is not been working properly or the gate sensor has been off either case of not been able to use the back gate. That's not necessarily the end of the world not being able to use the gate was just an annoyance and one doesn't need any more annoyances that the world is dishing out right now.

This last week I noted with a little frustration that I could not open the rear gate and of course I reported it directly to that building management, as I should, and was informed that that was a common complaint and obviously for one reason or another the sensor or the clickers need to be reprogrammed. I'm not sure what that exactly means of ensuring the some sort of a process that changes a frequency or something that makes it so the gate sensor senses the clicker when pressed and opens or shuts. Yesterday Monday, I checked in with management to see how the progress was coming with the reprogramming. That's one I was made aware that hooligans had attacked the gate at some point in time during the evening and had told destroyed electronics on the gate. The gate was no longer secure. I suppose the many people a steel gate not only locks me in that also locks them out. We, our apartment complex, is right next to the skateboard park. The skateboard park, of course is a sanctuary to many young hoodlums, skaters and skater wannabes. I can imagine they see the gate as a threat and decided to break the gate just because it's there. I'm frightened that for sure the management of the apartment complex is going to say that it's not worth repairing just because the neighborhood hooligans will strike again. I guess I can understand their frustration. Fortunately, I can still access Redwood Road but I have to go a bit out of my way to do so and I guess I can. However that's willing good for a certain part of the day but after hours the other gates, to the parking areas on the other side of the complex close and when that happens the only way in or out of the building is to come in through the front and which is a long way out of the way and impossible during snow as I fed out this year when there is quite a length of time that the sidewalks backdate were not clear on either side. And I could not get to the market for at least a week. I of course survived. We do have a major gas station next door are building but usually shovels lower walks pretty quickly. So I can get potato chips, soft drinks and other fundamental food groups if I'm desperate.

So for the time being heavy, shiny chains are in place locking the back gate keeping the hoodlums out in the old farts in…

No comments: