Friday, June 19, 2020

First Step Done!



The first leg of the renovation project is just about finished! I'm almost ecstatic well the operative word being “almost”.The bathroom floor is still curing from the last coat of sealant. However, the worker bees have indicated that I should be able to use my bathroom sink tomorrow as well as the toilet to night which will break retiring as well as doing my ADLs in the morning a perfect delight. I pretty much feel the bathroom with the kingpin of what's not the the rest of the project should be relatively easy and survivable. I'm assuming that everything will just be moved from one room to the other as they do the floors and hopefully my bed well pretty muchstay in place with just a passport or door for me to get through to the bathroom. Now that I've written this I hope I have not jinxed myself.

The weather has noticeably improved. High pressures building which means it's going to get much warmer which means I'm going to be a lot happier. Even today I was able to read in the sun out on the patio of the complex. Of course everybody's freaked out now because it's going to get hot at all well I live for this time of year. In the fit of celebration I actually took myself out to lunch Dell Taco. A kind of shot myself in the foot because I really wanted to get some Mexican fast food I don't know why I caved in at the last minute but I thought why not get a hamburger. I was hoping I would find a hidden secret of an excellent hamburger but all I got was pretty poor hamburger. It was okay and I think it was safe. I would've preferred the meat cooked a little more but all they had on the burger was some form of red sauce which was qualified Mexican I'm sure. There is no lettuce there was no onions or pickles all those things needed to make a normal hamburger and again perhaps the problem (and I don't mean this as a racist comment) but maybe a Mexican fast food joint is not a place to think I can get an All-America hamburger. Perhaps I've neglected mentioning the most important part of the lunch experience which is I was able to actually eat my hamburger inside the facility! The restrictions are loosening up I've noticed. Looks like you can eat in at village in now only if you do it before 2 PM and it looks like the Mexican restaurant across the street is also begin the serve in customers as well. I think it's a group we have to be careful that we don't get too comfortable and relaxed but I don't think were done with this beast at all by a long shot.

Well I understand and I know that I'm rattling and ramblingwhich obviously means I don't have anything real to say. I'm using this next step in the renovation project as the excuse for not doing some of the work on my projects I should be under the rationale that I don't want to get into anything to deeply because I'm going to have to post everything until the overall project is done. I'm talking primarily about my image scanning project. I'm afraid if I get to seriously into the project everything skill to get moved my computers go to get blocked and my printer/scanner and I'll just be frustrated so rather than doing my project I'm reading the Wadsworth book and watching Amazon prime.

What a better wayto enjoy the summer…

No comments: