Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Taylorsville True Value





I have not really made a point of discussing my political views regarding the President of the United States and how I might feel about him. Having said that, I cannot say I'm not very impressed with the guy and I worry about where this nation is headed. But I don't go out of my way to bring them down nor do I try to engage with others positive or negatively. I have watched with interest and no little bit of poor at some of my family members who support this guy and his administration. Luckily, I have not been engaged too much physically with these folks to get stuck in a conversation or even be in the same area where such a conversation might be going on. I try to make a point to stay as far away from clusters and groups of folks which might openly be red Hatters or supporters. There is a restaurant not far from my apartment complex which I really like. It's across the street from the village in which I don't really like that much. Across the street from the village in is Dees family restaurant Utah staple for a couple generations. One of the best features of Dee's is just the homey atmosphere. Everything there seems a bit more authentic and I've enjoyed that feeling when I've gone there. I've been surprised at how many folks have shied away from the restaurant whenever I've suggested we have lunch or dinner at Dee's. Sadly, I'm beginning to know why. Dee's was one of the first restaurants in this area that went back to in-house dining after after the epidemic. That's when I noticed a lot of the folks didn't wear masks and they weren't going to wear masks. They were cowboys they were construction workers there were good old boys and gals I suppose. But that's not what this blog is about. Just for clarity however let it be said I did go to the village in yesterday and had breakfast.

On the same block are one block away from Dee's family restaurant is a hardware store, a national chain, but run very locally. In fact the store is owned by its not one numerous polygamist families. And this is not a big deal to me is just always little weird going into the place and shopping. They offer fairly decent prices but most of all their convenient directly across the street from my apartment complex. They offer little bit of everything. Everything is off a little bit. It seems like the clothes are factory seconds and there's nothing really constant. However often sometimes I can find something that I want just might fit me and usually the price is pretty good. So every three or four months and up going to this “family” store. I dive into the racks and racks of clothes. I have to push the round rocks and close toy can get to the end of the supersize hopes of finding a 3XL which just might fit. As is pushing through one of the racks I came upon this little weird section I had never seen before. In fact, you could not see the items on the shelves and racks from the regular store you had to know where to go to get their. What it was was a little shopping shrine to Pres. Trump! I could not believe it rack after rack of T-shirts and red caps and all manners of items Trump. It was like I was transported to another dimension. I backed out of the section quickly making sure my eyes did not deceive me I took an image into which I've posted here. I guess this is not a really big deal but still I felt worth mentioning. I can't wait to take some of my liberal friends over there to check out this shrine just to make sure I'm not delusional…

No comments: