Sunday, June 14, 2020

Load of Crap



It's kind of nice that Amazon delivers on Sunday. I always forget that perk. I was doing something in my apartment enjoying the day when all of a sudden I hear the rapid knock back the door. I always sucker for that knock and think that there's somebody there, a real person, and shout out “Come in!”and nothing happens. Usually call out to her three times before I figure I better answer the door only to find packages resting on the floor just outside the door. Today, I received two packages. The most important is the headphones that I'm using of this dictation. For the last week and half I have been dictating my blog through my tablet. I have to admit that has not been a bad experience. I have done most of my dictating in the bedroom. I have been pleasantly surprised at how well little tablet does. It certainly a lightweight version as far as capitalization, editing etc. but it does a basic good job capturing my words. I've even been able to post from the tablet. The more difficult to post from my tablet and I've had to finagle the process by copying and pasting in a editor of the computer after I've finished dictating. What I liked best about the tablet is working in the bedroom by the window and be able to the outside. When I dictate from living room where I desktop set up the room is and a little oppressive. I kind of feel trapped. However, I do feel in my work mode in this room.

Because I've been busy with my scanning project I've been giving my desktop quite the workout. I really wanted to begin dictating so I tore into the package and be held my new headset. Of course my new headset looks exactly like my head old set so I unplug my set and wrestle in my new headset. I am excited thinking that new experience dictating will be incredible. But I'm dismayed because the new headset does not seem to be hearing what I'm saying almost like the one I just unplugged from the system. I go through the quaint little microphone check and it gives me okay but continues to act like the character my diction very well. I am kind of frustrated I really expected the new headset to work a lot better than this. In fact Dragon is all over the place and is quite frustrating. I almost get the feeling that the software market working appropriately but needs to be retrained. Actually, the software has been questioning me the past couple of startups wanting to do training and work on word recognition provider not want to take the time to do such a thing. Seriously I refuse to be strong-armed by my system! I mean really the problems I'm having with my new headset are very similar to the ones I was having with the supposedly broken headset. I wonder if software gets old start doing senile things. The software I'm using for about 15 years. I can't imagine the software where about wearing out . So I don't know what is worse crappy software or crappy hardware whatever it is feels like what I'm having to deal with is a lot of crap…

No comments: