Monday, June 22, 2020

Displaced



I spent the day feeling like a misplaced person. Kind of weird my home health person, Annette but very emphatic that she would be arriving early today because she's integrating a new person and do her system but she'll take care of right after me and wanted to get me done early so should be able to be on time to her new person. Of course did not have a problem with that since I've always indicated I would like to have the person come as early as possible to get me up as early as possible. But today she was later than usual I couldn't believe it. Because I wanted to make sure she was getting away enough time I didn't sleep well because I was worried I might sleep in or something. Anyway, we got our stuff done and cuz I was going to go up to the office I noticed one of the workers for my home project standing in the door and cannot get in so I let him in. I'll let him in my apartment and he was quite distressed that none of my Smith cereals have been moved away out of the out of the way. He spoke very little English althouLgh is really nice guy. So I contacted Jennifer the building manager Vindicated they have done that on purpose cuz they wanted to make sure they had a game plan for how the day was going to go. This little guy was just on top of it and ready to Start ripping up carpet. It took a few minutes but finally who started moving my furniture and getting their program on the way. There's nothing I could do so I just sort of removed myself from the Apartments making sure I had my cell phone in my tablet and a charging device and a backpack with everything I might need W away from the apartments.

I really didn't have much time to grab stuff I would have liked my new cryptoquote magazine, my bus pass one of two of my sticks and a urine bag or two. It's warming up which is good. If life wasn't the quarantine I can go to the movies I can do all kinds of stuff. I just spent the day in the neighborhood. This fairly large Asian Smorgasbord place has started feeding people again so I decided to have my lunch out since I couldn't get to my refrigerator. I visited the polygamous store they didn't have what I needed and I thought about taking the bus up to Walmart to see if I can find iron on patches there but like I said I didn't take my bus pass I did feel like I wanted to go through the whole rigmarole of paying a bus fare. End up going to the park but the idea of sketching a little bit. I do have my art materials in my backpack. I listen to and watched various YouTube presentations and basically killed the afternoon.

Just before 5 I passed Jennifer's office and she told me that they were looking for me about getting someone to move my furniture back into the Apartment. Teddy is our maintenance guy who's really great to work with he volunteered to help rearrange the furniture when Quan was finished. It took a while for headed to get back to the building after he left and I called him and reset to work putting the stuff anywhere in the apartment from the bedroom where everything I got stuck this morning into the finished front room and kitchen which was beautiful now. Tomorrow they will do the rug in the bedroom. My apartment is a total mess everything that just stuck anywhere I have corridors fashion through Furniture piles but we made it so I could get through to the bedroom and my bed is about the only thing left in that room but they'll be able to get onto the project tomorrow first thing. That's kind of exciting it'll all be done tomorrow afternoon. Then I'll have the rest of the week to repurpose the apartment. I think I'm really going to like the new floor coverings will make it a lot easier for me to get around and a lot cleaner I believe it's just another hard pill to swallow. I just keep reminding myself think of the joy you'll experience but this is finished..

No comments: