Saturday, June 06, 2020

Coffee Cup



I'm sure you're all tired of me talking about how great I think the sharing shelf is but I still cannot get over how much I enjoy finding Treasures and I check the Shelf each morning, which I do, religiously. I do this because you never know but treasure what's going to find.

Right now I'm having to do with this giant coffee cup that I've been using at the coffee group which meets every Thursday morning at 9:30 here at the apartment complex. The coffee klatch of course that's not Matt during the last two months because of the Coronavirus thin thing. I really don't like the mug very much which is why I have chosen to use it at the coffee klatch. Typically the mug is stored in the cupboard in a little kitchen area. I only have to deal with it once a week. Everyone thinks it's cute, especially since I have an inscription on the front about how beautiful baldness is. I can't remember where I got it one of my daughters may have given it to me as a quasi joke. Anyway, my favorite mug in the whole world broke about 3 weeks ago. Yes I dropped it while I was washing it. The cup was a large 16-ouncer and had an image of a gesture or something from New Orleans. I guess the images are a trademark of this Cafe in New Orleans as well as France / Paris. We got the mug when Dianne and I were together. That could easily be 35 years. I love the mug. I have tried to patch it back together but I doubt it'll hold coffee. Doing this time of quarantine one of my major go to places for acquiring unique mugs and such has been the Deseret Industries, a major local second hand operation ran by the dominant culture in this area. But they do get a lot of coffee mugs / cups. Normally I would just Saddle Up head over to the closest DI and find something unique. When I broke the mug I desperately need to have a coffee cup here at the apartment so I went down and got the Baldy cup and brought it back. Truth is I don't like this cup and one morning as I did my shelf cruise by I was dumbfounded to find it's beautiful black cup. Everything I've wanted in a coffee cup. Style, color and it was a good 16 ounces needless to say I snatched the cup and have been using it the past couple of days. The cup fits my lifestyle perfectly. Last Thursday I was pleased when I got notification the coffee klatch was starting again. It seems the restrictions are beginning to be raised. I think we are safe here at the apartment complex. No one really goes anywhere and even though we are having the coffee social again we are experiencing social distancing. I brought my cup back mr. Baldi and stash that with Irene, the lady who runs the refreshment operation of the coffee group. I don't know how long I can keep the black cup from being destroyed but I'm going to do my best and even better I got news this afternoon with local news .that DI is back in business. I better head over there soon and get a coffee cup back up. I have a suspicion the quarantine relaxation it's going to be short-lived..

No comments: