Saturday, June 27, 2020

Bad Boy Bad Boy

Don’t you just hate it when something reminds you just how in adequate that you are? I’ve been having a lot of those feelings the past couple hours. I don’t know what I did, I probably bumped into the bookshelf the computers located on and somehow managed to unplug my desktop. There is such a jumble of wires under the computers tray that I can even see the wire that plugs the desktop into the power strip. Of course, when this happens it seems that only recourse pretty much when it’s after-hours, on the weekends or national holidays and that is to contact good old Mark Anthony. Of course Mark Anthony is currently living in Utah County but sometimes he wanders up to Salt Lake County to recreate or whatever he does open Salt Lake. That’s of course what I did tonight as I texted the boy. Doesn’t sound like he’s available this evening that might be able to drop by tomorrow and that’s cool actually. Theoretically I have all these backup systems but you know what I’m running low on backups. This is especially painful with the tablet missing. I was really hoping that when Annette came over today to clean that we would run into the tablet as we went through boxes. That did not happen. I really am kind of getting worried that I have lost another tablet. There is one facet of hope and that is I think that I hear the ping from somewhere in the bedroom. I know the machine has to be here somewhere but so far have not been able to put my hands on it. That would make writing this blog a lot easier than trying to do it on this laptop.


So tonight I’m stymied by the fact that I cannot physically monkey around power strip and plug the computer in. I suppose if I were a friendlier person I would have more support here the complex. That hasn’t seemed to be the case however. So it’s either Mark AnthonyOr my brother Carl both choices are a pain in the butt for them but in many ways my only option. I mean if I were to fall out on my floor I would call the fire department would come over and throw me back in my chair. I doubt they would come over and plug myDesktop back in. To make matters worse the laptop I am using doesn’t make me feel too comfortable. I was just updating my journal and putting data and for three days only to find that wasn’t recording anything or I didn’t hit the “save” button. It probably is just the latter but still, and I’m thankful for this laptop which I ran over and almost totally destroyed, it’s still pretty funky and I think it’s going to have to be only hit and miss as a true work assist. The tablet really is a great assist in the five lost another tablet I’m going to replace it relatively soon. I can actually do that right now and I kind of like would really like to do... my bad?


No comments: