Monday, June 15, 2020

Its Started...








6Well, it is started I don't know but I was really expecting but today work on the bathroom formally began. Of course, bathroom is just one part of the remodel or whatever it's called which is going to take place. But they started somewhat slow. I think around 9:30 or 10 what individual showed up a young guy by the name of Roy and then obviously the boss guy showed up. This is all kind of awkward because Jennifer who is the building manager and who basically runs honcho over everything had to leave and attend to some sort of emergency at another building. I finally established that the person wandering around on the other side of the gate was Roy and he was the worker guy. I let him in and he wandered back to the apartment with me. I wasn't sure what to do then his boss who I assume is the contractor shows up and he doesn't know what to do because you need to contact or visit with Jennifer. They all agreed that work was going to be done on the bathroom and when I showed them the bathroom they knew exactly where to start and that's what Roy did. Of course the contractor vanishes immediately and Roy Dives right in. I I sit around looking like a dork and finally wander down to the backup apartment that I can use as my apartment until my unit is finished. Since Roy is the only guy here I feel somewhat relieved. Is sweeps out the bathroom disconnect the toilet, literally pulls it up and sit sit in the shower and then starts removing the tiles. It turns out there's quite a bit of water underneath the tiles that seeped into the concrete which is going to have to be dried out so this isn't going to be a one-day project cuz I was sort of told and that's okay. I look in on Roy off and on throughout the morning. He's coming along is exposed to floor and has pulled the siding off the floor and it really really scraped the glue and everything else off the concrete. I Wander over to the market buy bananas for the week returning to begin my workout on the arm bike which I do a little bit after noon. I asked Roy if he needs anyting off and on but he's content to focus on us floor and that's okay with me. Following my workout I build myself a quick lunch the head out to the patios and sit and eat enjoy the Heat. Today is to be the hottest day of the week what's really cold air coming in on Wednesday Dragon the temperature to 60 degrees.


I read my book and listen to my radio show at 3 p.m. . I'm supposed to have lunch with my friend Lori tomorrow at the coffee shop across the street which is serving patrons again. The only problem is though date is for 3 p.m. and they close at 2 p.m. I don't understand I don't try to but that's going to make it a problem for Lori and me. Hopefully tomorrow we will  have to figure out where to move everything from one room to the other as they tear up the carpet and lay tile. As long as I can get to Electric Outlets I can drag my tablet and cell phone and even my laptop with me to the backup apartment and do everything I need to from there if I need to. I don't know how will work the sleeping Arrangements. I don't know if I have to drag my bed all the way over to the other apartment or we can figure out a way to do one room than the other. Jennifer the contractor are anticipating to have this project done by Friday I hope so. Either way I've got a place to stay and though I might be uncomfortable to some degree it's not bad and I'll have a great living space for the rest of the year...

No comments: