Sunday, June 21, 2020

Today At Walmart



This is Jody, she's a little spooky but I think well-intentioned I found her at Walmart or should I say she found me.

This is been a perfectly beautiful day. Finally the temperature is somewhere enjoyable. It's Father's Day but that means a whole heck of a lot in the scheme of things particularly in the time of Covid 19. But I had a really good evening, surprise, couple 1:30 AM and wasn't sure. We'll get back to sleep but I did! I woke up again at 430 and was not able to get back to sleep but I also feeling rested so I kind of dozed until 6 o'clock and got up. I don't know if it was the new bathroom floor or whatever but I feel great every time I go in there. It's so nice to have everything right there. So anyway, I actually produced a production from leftover ingredients last night's dinner the steak dinner. I had to half of the baked potato left with a couple pieces of steak one of which I took out sliced up, sliced up the rest of the potato added the rest of the onion couple of peppers from the Indian store across the street and a few other odds and ends. I even made a cheese omelette. This was a great breakfast too bad I didn't have anyone to share with.

I had two shirts with stripes, horizontal one was a white shirt with black horizontal stripes and the other was just like it but red with black horizontal stripes. Even though it makes you look like a mattress, a rolling mattress, I love the white and black striped shirt. The Red striped shirt disappeared and I can't find it anywhere in the apartment but it's got a be here, somewhere. I suppose the shirt will show up some day but not today and not lately. I've been on the Jag last couple of days trying to find other striped shirts, T-shirts that make me look like a mattress. I don't know why I just like the shirt and want more. To that end I scoured a little bit on the Internet and even found something which I've ordered in an and will see if I like it enough to keep it. In a weird bit of thought process I thought just possibly if I return to Walmart they might have some other shirts similar. I knew it would be impossible to find the same make and brand but I thought I'd give it a shot. I'm not been to Walmart in some time and I thought I'd check out the meat section as well.

You know when you feel something to just post to be everything works towards an end. I was getting that feeling this morning when I made the decision to check out Walmart I checked out the bus schedule and sure enough the 217 should be at my bus stop in four minutes. I dashed and oddly, I say oddly because it was well past the four minutes by the time I got across the street to the bus stop in front of the Tasty Phrase but I was there in time and soon the bus pick me up. I roll into the market and do a little shopping, as I always do, pulled over to the coffee makers. I checked out the Keurig coffee machines. I doubt seriously I would ever consider the coffee machine that makes coffee one cup at a time. However, Jennifer , our apartment manager, treated me to a cup of coffee Friday which was just incredibly good enough to make me consider such a possibility. Next I checked the flatscreen TVs and as I was looking at the 55 inch plus screens a woman started looking at me a little strange. Mind you it was somewhat difficult to tell because she was wearing a good-sized mask but she was definitely trying to make eye contact while she was trying desperately to end the phone call she was involved in. I tried not to notice but it was difficult not to. I should adjust spun around right there and took off as fast as my little corner go to and wheels could travel. I did not and soon she should walked over to me and asked if she could speak with me prefacing the conversation with “I know you're going to think this is weird…” I did but I couldn't leave her hanging so I responded as attentive as I could. She started telling me about how much I needed a new wheelchair, a new electric wheelchair. She told the story of her late father who had just passed away leaving a $70,000 chair (I found out later that the chair may have cost that much but not their family, the chair was a donation from someone else). She really push the hard sell on me that I needed this chair. She let me know how bad I looked in my chair also crunched up in sideways kind of. She mentions this three or four times and that I really needed this chair. On top of all this, the woman wanted to give me the chair, she said this over and over again almost begging me to take the chair. She kept telling me about all the fantastic features the chair had and that the wheelchair was wider than mine so therefore I would be much more comfortable. The woman almost seemed desperate I was beginning to become uncomfortable. I did not want to offend her. I did not want to have to go through the whole song and dance told her how important it is to get the chair measured for you so it's just right for you that many times one cannot just use a chair that given them, as kind and helpful as that seems. She was not going to give up I could tell this but I did start acting like I needed to go. I gave her my cell phone number and she asked that I text her. She told me if I knew anything, anything at all, please contact her she would be there.

I was relieved when Jodi left. I doubt that I will call her. I have no use for the power chair she has but perhaps I can give her some direction on how to get rid of it. I did got a picture of her for a left. I think it kind of freaked her out but I figured I deserve something for my time…

No comments: