Monday, June 08, 2020

Monday Tech Musings



I have been patiently waiting for a set of headphones I ordered last week on Amazon. Expect to see the headphones show up in the next couple of weeks or actually days hopefully by next week for sure. In the interim however I've been using my tablet or tab. I've always enjoyed the ability to use talk to text on the tablets I have had but I've never really used them to the extent I have after breaking my headset. I'm almost spooked, now, because I have become somewhat spoiled at the convenience of dictating my blogs wherever I have access to my tablet. Maybe that's the way it should be but now I've got to headset coming and I most likely will go back to utilizing the big system in the living room the do my dictation.


I think I like the big system just because it's a big desktop computer gives me confidence that my creations will not disappear or be lost. I am hoping that the mere fact that I can access my writings in Google Docs anywhere that maybe it doesn't matter where I have my own system. My big rationale for the home system is that I keep the Raw pieces of writing on the big hard drive. And really probably does not make any difference but it just feels more secure to know the originals are tucked away on the hard drive – – but they're also tucked away on google doc wherever that's at. This is my third or fourth tablet it's the 10.1 in tablet. Much bigger than a small screen cell phone the 10.1 in just me a decent area to read off of if I want to use electronic books. I really thought I was going to be a big advocate for the electronic library. I also became quite enamored with the sketching space the 10.1 offered. I found some software that was really well suited for the 10.1 and my kind of sketching electronically. I don't do electronic sketching very well, for that matter I don't do any sketching very well but that's another blog, I still like having the ability to do that sketching when I'm not too intimidated by the screen. The software is good I have just never the chance to fully understand and learn the software. I really have not found any decent instructional information so I keep searching off and on. I have br1oke the number of small screens as well as 10-point ones but something's happened this last year or so and I had my cell phone for an extremely long time for me that's not broken screened the same with my 10.1 for once I have not rolled over the screen cracked the surface. Now I hope I have not jinxed myself.


The world is really trying to get out from underneath the heel the coronavirus outbreak. Little bit by little bit across the country restaurants, amusement parks, and Industry it's slowly shaking itself awake and trying to get back into production. There is a number voices mine included rich it's thinking it's way too early and we are going to get bitten in the butt when this virus comes back on us in the vengeance this summer are most likely late fall-early winter where some epidemiologist are saying they're all be at backlash and the virus will strike again maybe even worse. I'm not working so I'm blessed I'm just almost terrified for everybody else out there who needs to be working, going to school, even socializing and these times on all of that this taken away. We shouldn't let our Shields down...

No comments: