Friday, June 12, 2020

New Wine Old Bottle


I have been luxuriating in my chair all day long. I know that doesn't sound like much but it kind of is. I had to technician Park my chair in the corner when he brought it back from the shop last night with the idea in my head that since I spent the day in my back up chair rest of the night would be alright and then this morning after a net finished with me in the shower I had her place me in the chair the shop Rock by last night. It's not like it was a new chair but it sure acted like one. I didn't realize they were going to refurbish as much as they did. In the end the price tag, if I had had to pay myself, would have been over $3,000! The big item was the controller which cost over a thousand. I'm so glad that they stuck in two new batteries to which makes a big difference as far as my chair holding a charge I went about two miles today and my old chair would be showing about half of the battery had been discharged but this chair at this point in the evening shows almost completely full still. That's amazing. And like you know it maybe my imagination but it seems like the chair is a bit more Zippy as well. That's outstanding. And again I wouldn't have thought but I realized I was getting a much better ride and I couldn't figure out until I saw that they changed out my drive tires as well as my what they call the casters which are the two small tires in front in the two small tires on the back of my chair. I had really worn them down big chunks head broken off and Fallen to the side and the process has been so gradual that I hadn't realized what is smooth ride New River would give but I enjoyed the right today. Other items included the armrests and even the watches that hook to the side of the chair to the armrest. Phenomenal.

The scripture talks about the Folly of putting new wine into Old bottles but I think this case is it good one to dispute that scripture. Everything about the chair is delightful now. The point was to do the upgrade and then have to drive this chair for at least the next six months at which time we can initiate proceedings of getting a brand new chair. At that point in time I will just a breaking in this chair come the holidays. I doubt that I'll even have put a thousand miles on the chair by then since there's nowhere for me to go with social distancing and everything still closed. However, there's been a few news reports about how a lot of the local businesses are beginning to open up to the public again but I am afraid that's going to be short-lived Hisense the virus will be back with a vengeance and everything will be locked down again come fall and winter. We can pray for a Magic Bullet but I don't think of coming anytime soon but until that point I'm going to enjoy this power chair with my new batteries and my controller and the fact that someone cared enough the dump $3,000 into my well-being...

No comments: