Tuesday, June 09, 2020

Looking Behind the Curtian





One of my favorite scenes from The Wizard of Oz his is when Dorothy goes behind the curtain to find the little man operating all the levers that brought life the great facade of Oz. Here was this little guy just working like crazy to bring the face to life with all the gestures and emotions. I've always liked going behind the scenes I'm seeing how it really was going on what was back "there" wherever there was. I've mentioned before there was a time when me and my family went to the LDS broadcasts Music the Spoken Word. We would always get there early, you always had to get there early if you wanted a good seat preferably on the front row what fascinated me most was the preparation planning the technicians had to do to get ready for the broadcast. I enjoy this much more than the actual music in the spoken word. For this reason I've always liked going down alleys and seeing what's behind the beautiful houses facing the street. Most of the time there weren't too many interesting things to see but every once in awhile one could see a very interesting backside of a house our yard.

 I've written about Elske, my internet friend who lives in the Netherlands. I really enjoyed getting to know this person and but seems to drive her and her daily life. Choose an educator teaching at a small College. She's an artist as well as a lover of great art. She loves Rome Italy. Interestingly, she goes to Rome whenever she can. It's a ways but I kind of get the impression Rome is like Washington DC or New York City are Florida or San Francisco is the people in the USA. It may take a bit but one can get there and not too big of a deal you just go. Whereas if you live in the USA going to Rome( at least in my eyes) is a major experience are the experience of a lifetime. When my friend goes it's her big event possibly of the year. She likes to explore the area and she likes to go behind the scenes. She recently set me a number of images of her last trip to the ancient city which fascinated me. The image of have posted on the front of this blog is one of those images that fascinate me to no end. I think I've romanticized this image way too much but I just love the windows on the back of this building in the small little porches are balconies and what seems to be add-ons to the original building. I'm enchanted with the small gardens put in the space for one wall meets the other. There's one or two window box gardens that I bet are on the outside of kitchen areas. If you look closely you can see modern add-ons to the building like a satellite TV DISH the upper right hand corner. This building is probably not near as old if I think it is. I'd like to think it's part of the ancient structures of the city but I'll bet you it's new since the war WW2. Still the place fascinates me that it exist as it does. I'm sure the front of the building is smoothing not assuming to the point that nobody notices passing by the building itself periods only when one takes the time to go behind the building you see the real beauty of the architecture and structure. Of course it would not do me any good to visit such a place except to see but I can see from this image. There's way too many steps and stairs for a person in a wheelchair. Even if I was in my manual chair I can see carrying me would be way too much to consider...

No comments: