Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Kind Of Like Bizarro World



I'm becoming a little schizoid living in two apartments at once. Perhaps schizoid is not the right word maybe if I were to use the analogy of living in a Multiverse or the old DC Comics Bizarro world it would make more sense. But I seem to have to remember everything. This wasn't such a big deal this morning and yesterday when I could still use the bathroom in my regular apartment. Even if I could not use the shower or the toilet I can still use the sink and get to my morning routine i. E. Shaving and getting ready for my day. Today however they've actually began work on the bathroom with a semi vengeance. The contractors sealed the floor which is exercise of painting some sort of ceiling element on the floor and then they must leave at set for a day or a couple hours anyway. Tomorrow supposedly they will return and paint the next coat a sealant on the floor and then on Friday they will actually lay the tiles and hook the toilet back up and I should be back in business at least from that standpoint. I've asked a couple times and I sort of get an answer that after that is done( floor tiles installed) they'll be getting to work on tearing out the carpet and then putting down the tile in the rest of the apartment. At this point I don't see how they're going to be able to even begin to work on that project until next Monday. If that is the case continue living this Bizarro lifestyle.

Really kind of weird the apartment that I'm staying in in the other wing of the complex is just opposite this unit here. Actually, in a lot of ways I can survive maybe even transfer out of the toilet because the way it's set up I'll be able to make the transfers I think. The kitchen cupboards are weird but I could see myself surviving with them okay. What's really strange is the whole environment is quiet almost serene. The unit gets really good morning sun which is kind of meet I'm a little envious from that point of view. But I don't sense the excitement that I feel in my apartment with the skateboard park and easy access to Redwood Road and all the chaos that brings. I know I've been somewhat negative on that whole concept but you know what? I think I like it. I like the intensity and the randomness of life here on the West side. The market is close by and the bus it's just on the other side of the parking lot. I just have to remember to take what I need over to the other toilet when I go. The people are different to even though I know these people oh, I see him everyday down in the foyer and around the facility what's different when you're down the hall they live in. I don't really explain it very well but they're just quiet they don't seem as exciting as my neighbors are. Not that any of my neighbors are hellions by any means but the do like the Lively game of Scrabble I understand. I don't really interact with many of my neighbors. Maybe just the new one across the hall.

Finally the weather is going to start warming up again and be more summer like I look forward to that. I look forward to having a bathroom that we'll have a flat floor and not try to trip up my Lyft all the time I also am looking forward to the tiled floor in the rest of the living situation going to make for a smoother ride in my power chair and even in my manual chair if I get to that point again. And best of all I'll get my total self back from the schizoid state I'm trying to survive in now...

No comments: