Saturday, June 13, 2020

Bon Appétit



It Is almost 10 p.m. I never let it get this late before posting. I don't know what happened to my day it just sort of evaporated and it's a Saturday as well. Saturday's are always sort of laid back for me anyway. I'm not sure what happened unless it was my bus trip. You heard me right I finally decided I was going to expand my Horizon regardless of the threat of covid-19. My cleaning person was here today so that's where my morning went. I feel obligated to hang around the house / apartment while she's cleaning in case she needs something to assist her in the project.


I Justified my bus trip and that I needed to pick up some box milk that I get from the dollar store. I know it sounds strange but believe me it's true the name of the place is all a dollar of course. So shortly before 12 I jumped the bus head down a couple blocks to the dollar store. It was not a bad trip and I dutifully wear my mask. I was shocked after going up and down the rows two or three times and not finding the Box milk. I thought surely they would always have the milk. In its place, I finally figured out, or cartons of almond milk. I'm not sure if I'm going. Big proponent for almond milk. Diane used to drink up a lot when she wanted milk that was not fat based. I don't remember ever really ingesting any. But as little as I ingest up white stuff I figured a couple boxes wouldn't hurt. I know that Diane used the almond milk on her cereal and it worked so I figured what the hell it was worth a dollar risk. I felt good about myself I didn't really cave into the other desires that was sugar-based. I did pick up a can of peanuts which I can justify if my almonds ever get here. So on the way home I figured out also. At the Walmart and go through the grocery and pick up the lettuce I would be needing if I were to continue with salads.


I finally got home and decided I needed to use the broccoli that I got last week or maybe two weeks ago before the Brock goes bad. I find my onion and the Garlic's and was surprised Define that the garlic cut almost all dried up I did find enough to use for a basic garlic flavor. The process the onions and the broccoli and started the onions and the garlic sauteing. I did the first run through of the pantry and was shocked to find I could not get my hands on any chance of corned beef! I looked everywhere I know I've got at least three cans of the stuff but I couldn't find any. The vegetables are sizzling on the stove now and I had to make a decision La decided I would go back to the market. The market was a Fast Trip I got two cans of corned beef and rushed back home put the materials on the stove again this is what came back and I finished the dish. I haven't made garbarek and the longest time. I really like the stuff but I'm sure it's not what I need for weight loss but it sure is good and I was in need of some comfort food in a guilty minute.


The kitchen was clean when I started Annette did a a great job this week. Dinner was quite a shock to the kitchen I'll see if I can clean up tomorrow. I wish I didn't love cooking as much as I do but I love to cook so bon appetit...


No comments: