Thursday, June 18, 2020

Progress ?


.
Well the novelty of the remodel has worn off. I'm now at the phase where you just want to have the project finished. Even if not finished you want to know what you Cannot do. Today the boys came back to work on the tile in the bathroom. They had to applyy down another coat of sealant that they would begin laying the tiles. I was pleased because it seemed the pace of setting the tile was progressing swiftly with the hopes (my hopes) that the project might be finished before tomorrow. I should have asked the workers but I thought I would have an option later on during the day. I really have nowhere to go but I want to stay out of their way not be one of those hovering consumers. I have a meeting at 1 PM, one of the state boards I'm still on, but it was to be on Zoom. There is no way I was going to be able to participate in this meeting, in the apartment so I gathered up my equipment (cell phone and tablet) and headed to my other apartment. I feel so decadent when I say that. The meeting was little more than an hour, we get a lot of work done quickly when there is no meal involved, and I returned to the apartment, my apartment. The boys tile saw was still set up on the patio which means to me they're not done but it looks like the tiling in the bathroom is fairly well done. The sideboards me to the applied but the tiles are set up my question is: (can I role on the tiles and use the sink?) My life would be a lot easier were that the case.

So, I go through my cell phone “recent contacts” and tried to remember which of the numbers of any of the contractor. I vaguely remember on Monday morning the contractor calling my phone number under the pretense of loaded his contact information in case I need to get a hold of them. Obviously this did not work (or maybe it worked just right). I call all the numbers that time. That I don't really recognize and of the three numbers they all live back to the manager of the apartment complex which was okay because she knows how to get a hold of the contractor. She had the same time gave me the contractor's number. I called and of course all I got was an answering machine. I leave my contact information, which he should have, and have said about doing stuff around the apartment I should've done earlier in the dayI have written off working out with my rickshaw because the tile cutter is nestled right between the rickshaws handles. I guess I could pump my bike for a while, maybe later tonight. So really, it's no big deal. I still have my bed and I could do my ADLs at the kitchen sink and be happy. Tomorrow, annette and I will traipse down to my other apartment and do my shower in my dressing. If this is the as this project gets for me I am going to be one lucky duck. I assume on Monday the real nightmare will begin which is the moving all of my stuff out of the way and ripping out the rug and placing file down in the rest of the apartment. I do not think this will and well…



No comments: