Monday, June 01, 2020

Hi Welcome To Mountain America


It's good to feel exhausted from being out in the system. It's been a long time since I've gotten tired and just running for the bus, waiting for the bus, riding the bus and doing my business with a mask and a cell phone I'm out in today's heat and loving it. I probably should stayed in like a good consumer but I felt a need to get a $50 bill for my daughter's birthday. I'm already quite late for the birthday and I know I've talked about before how I failed as a parent not remembering kids birthdays or perhaps even worse Granda kids birthdays. Plus, I needed to cash my check from the county. I wanted to make sure I had the right currency for the grandkid mail out. I'm quite amazed at how tired I am from just sitting in driving my chair around. It's not an easy task actually powering your power chair driving around from here to there. The power chair has a way of beating me up. I think, however just be an out the element as a way of draining the energy out of me. Not unlike when it's freezing cold you can feel the energy sap out of you now today with the temperatures up in the 90° area, and I don't have a hat on, I can feel my energy seeping out of my body. I don't know if it's going to my head but it certainly exiting stage left.as I mentioned earlier I actually went out to my bank branch. I'm bank with Mountain America Credit Union (M ACU). I'm still quite bummed that the credit union closed its branch in the basement of the student union at the Salt Lake Community College. Now in order to use services have got a go to the bank. The branch I have been going to suspend move here to Taylorsville has been the W. Jordan Branch Way south from here. Fortunately on Thursdays when I was part of a reading group I actually can stop at the bank/credit union on the way home and get with banking and using done then. So what I don't have anything else to do but go to the bank it's a long ride out there on transit. There is a credit union branch that I'm beginning to use more and more which is around the corner from where I live in downtown streets. Using this credit union is not such a bad deal except, of course during the severe snow time, the stop for a credit union is right by the DMV which is always good to have access to. I really am dense much of the time. I really could be a better thinker. I was excited about going to my branch and going in seeing the people and enjoy the hospitality that all the employees of the credit union tend to exhibit. They seem honest to me.you have the ever present bowl of candy suckers, the suckers not world-class – – in my estimation – – suckers are going not tootsie pops. The dumb dumbs. I wish the candy was a better selection. Well, I found out today that whatever candies in the freebie dish I'm not going to get a shot at it. I don't know why I did not think for one second that the lobby would not be open. Big signs all over “the lobby is closed for your protection and our staffs”. The bank lobbywas closed uptight, another fatality Covid 19. Of course it was a stupid can I get. In the back of my mind I was kind of hoping you'd been the rules for the pathetic disabled old guy begging services from the locked door. I realized that was not going to happen so I did what any red blooded disability activist would do a crank up my chair and rolled around and got in line. It was hot sitting in the line without a listening to my cell phone. Nobody came running out with a glass of water, a desire to take my order and give me special favorite consideration. I would just put my chair in gear and roll out each time the lead car, business finished, when roll-on out. Eventually, my time came. It's a cute little “teller check” was amazed to see me sitting in front of her she didn't show it. I got my $50 bill and change and headed for the bus stop more than ready to go home even though I had to stop and get vegetables or salad…

No comments: