Friday, June 05, 2020

FRIDAY Night Fast Food

I forgot my camera so refusing for of being in line of credit union same scenario


I don't know what I was thinking Ark why I didn't attend to blogging earlier today but here it is almost 9 and I have not yet blogged. If I wanted to blame anything it's the fact that I broke my headset to my big computer, which I have the dragon dictate on and therefore I think I am frustrated having to use other text to speech devices. I'm fortunate however that I do have those, I even have another computer, a laptop, on which I have dragon installed. But I've taken a liken 2 this tablet I've been using the past couple of days and the speech to text software on it which actually works remarkably well. Having said that I will now finished the blog.

I cannot believe I took off without my cell phone which is also my camera. Rarely do I do that but this evening a little after 7 p.m. I decided that rather than try to make something for dinner here at the apartment oh, and I have everything I need to make a decent dinner or even a dinner salad which is what I should have had. I wanted to go out and buy something at a restaurant I was hoping I could go in and sit down and not have to repeat the experience I had at the credit union earlier this week. I was wrong. There is a Beto's just a couple blocks from my apartment complex, not far an easy roll in my power chair. I really like there Frijoles and Spanish rice but tonight I want to celebrate the fact it was Friday And the fact I was going out without my mask and try to enjoy fast food, Mexican fast food play like it was like the old days. Like I said that didn't last long when I get to Beto's and find the doors locked of course so I get in line with the cars. Fortunately, there's a great deal of sunshine /light still available, I was safe. Actually, I would have much rather cross the street I'm gone to the real fast food Mexican Del Taco. There I could have got American Mexican tacos, you know tacos made with hamburger. I didn't though stayed on my side of the street and patiently where did in line. Luckily the car in front of me turned off their ignition motor so I wasn't sucking too much exhaust.

Eventually, it was my turn up at the window. I don't think they realized I was there till I knocked on the window and got my order. I was elated. Thursday restaurant I have to pass on the way home and they are sort of famous for their pies so I thought I would stop in and get a piece a pie, apple pie with that great. Like I said the time now was about 7:45 and the door was locked tight so the lights are still on inside. When I went to pick up my dinner I noticed people were inside or coming out so I figured it's w open but then I looked on window and a indicated the restaurant was closed at 7 p.m. I was way late no pie for this guy.

I made it home without incident opened up my styrofoam box and looked at my dinner which was pretty messy the steak was all chopped up in a group but it was quite good. They also sent with me a giant tortilla Which I guess you're supposed to shovel the stuff from the steak into it and roll it up and eat it like that. I kind of did that but finally with quite a bit left I stuck everything back into the styrofoam box neatly folded up the box and threw it in the refrigerator and we'll plan to eat that over the next couple days over the weekend.

A storm is coming. A low pressure front which is causing nice gust of wind. Temperature today was in the mid-90s perfect for sitting out on the patio. Especially after Dark would you can get away with a lot more stuff. The only trouble is by the time it gets dark it's pretty late and I still have close the fold before I sleep and close to fold before I sleep...


No comments: