Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Now I wait






My other apartment I'm caught in the middle!

I don't know why I'm surprised, I really hoped my naivety had worn off by now this point in my life. But I'm getting a sinking feeling about this apartment renovation thing I'm supposed to be going through. The operative word of course it's supposed to be. I was kind of hopeful yesterday when we kicked off this operation when the contractor guy kind of showed up with Roy the worker guy. Actually that was a little suspect with para Roy just hanging around the front gate till I let him in I am not knowing what was going on until the contractor guy showed up I really didn't do anything except tell Roy to get going and that's the last I've seen of him. This morning I was kind of excited because I thought that guys would start showing up told me to get out of the way and where do I want this and where do I want that but of course nothing happened there was no one around. Then I figured I just had to wait until 8 or something. It came and went then around 9 I talked to the front desk person Jennifer department manager of course didn't know anything except that it was supposed to happen. She was heading out the door however to the other properties but said that she would contact the contractor and get back with me just as soon as she heard something it's now noon and I haven't heard anything. I'm hanging out at the other apartment the backup apartment. There's nothing here really except what I brought over so far and that's just enough the cath and a couple stick to pick up things I drop. There's nothing here except a bad odor. I don't know if Helen had cats or not something was bad here. I brought the tablet so I can watch movies if I want to or right like this. I'm carrying my cell phone I hope so I'll get the call but already I can see this isn't going to be a swift or deal that I'm going to be damn lucky to be back in two by unit by Friday. I did at least have the forethought to moved my art/Dianne art downtown where she keeps the door locked when she's not there. I don't know if we're going to move my bed down here I am going to have to move something down here to shower tomorrow if that's what I choose to do. That might be worth the trauma. So as it is now I'm going to fix my lunch at the apartment and hopefully something will be happening by dinner time. I need a trash can of some sort garbage box or something for the new unit or temporary unit. 


It's evening now the work day is done and of course nothing was done to my apartment. I was able to speak with somebody from management who really didn't tell me very much except that they will not even begin working on the rest of the apartment until the bathroom is finished which sorta says to me nothing will be done with the apartment until next week. They've already all but said the bathroom won't be done till Friday if we're lucky. I'm really getting the feeling that no one wants to take responsibility for doing nothing but I'm working very hard not to prematurely judge these folks.    This means of course I am going to have to figure out how I'm going to sleep in this apartment and do everything else I need to do at the other apartment. Actually tomorrow we will move the lift down there and I suppose do all my morning stuff at the other apartment dress and everything and play out the rest of the day down there and not really do anything because I don't want to get into anything than have everything all upset. I think I'm just being grumpy because it was cold and blustery and a little wet today I'm very anxious for summer to return...cx

No comments: