Thursday, June 25, 2020

Costco Delights




I love a good hot dog! I mean who does not? The only problem for me is that hot dogs, I'm sure, are just fattening but they taste so doggone good. This morning once again I took advantage of the great weather and my stimulus money and headed back to Costco. I really wasn't intending to purchase anything. I think I would be in big trouble if I still had my van or access to some kind of motorized transportation besides my power chair. I love rolling into the place, right past the “card checker” just during the fool to challenge me. They usually just waved me through and Costco is set up so that you enter into electronic screens or flatscreen televisions. I've incorporated my little Visio screen into my computer monitor. I don't know if that's good or bad except for neither worked on my computer or watch something on the flatscreen but not really both. I've also seriously considering increasing the diameter screen to like a 50 inch or a 55 inch big screen. If I went for another Visio I can get a 50 inch probably less than $300. I could do that. I get a Samsung for just a little bit more but seriously I really enjoyed this little Visio that I've had for the past four or five years. Today probably if I had transportation I would have purchased said screen. I just don't want to purchase something and have it sit forever before I can install the screen on my wall. I was considering moving where I have the screen now kind of on the my black desk but when I started talking to Mark Anthony about hanging the big screen on the opposite wall he drew my attention immediately to the fact that I would need a long cord to achieve having the flatscreen on the opposite wall.

I spent a lot of time orbiting electronic section of the store. I have the same problem considering purchasing items from their grocery area. Like the packages are just so huge that they don't offer anything like bags or anything but today I promise myself to buy stuff I hardly ever do. Today I purchased red grapes which was certain frightening because I couldn't taste them first and I love tasting the grips of ripe purchase some to adjudicate their firmness. I even purchased a box of sirloin sliced steak (for that take a lot of self convincing but I finally did it). Then I also bought a big bag of pepperoni strips which I could barely even justify except for sometimes I just want piece of meat to eat without having to fix a giant meal. I got these items and you know what they do have boxes people used to carry their purchases out of their vehicles in my case I use the box to carry the item all the way home on the bus and it kind of worked. Shopping makes me hungry even if I'm not walking around and just driving around in my chair. Today, against my better judgment, I the hot dog. The hot dogs are huge and $1. 50 you can't go wrong except for if you eat the whole thing to put in on tons of calories. Again for that price it's a shame you can't pass up. Don't do anything for you except give you the condiments you want except for sauerkraut. I got a container of ketchup and mustard by the end of having the poor on to my dog be nice if they had access to and night will or spreading device of some sort, but oh no nothing like that. I didn't even want to drink but you feel like such a fool if you don't take the free drink well, drinks part of the meal and get for $1.50 I guess I could just give it to somebody or not even get to drink but I got a diet Pepsi and headed out driving a little bit stopping taking a bite of my dog and finally wrapping up about half of the dog put in backpack and heading for the bus.

I'm sure I ingested way too many calories, I spent too much money on frivolous items like sirloin steak and pepperoni sticks but you know what I'm glad I didn't…

PS: you know what I forgot was that my main justification for going to Costco today was to use have the eyeglass place people adjust and fix my glasses which they did in them about ready to make another purchase. I really have to slow down.

No comments: