Sunday, March 07, 2021

Appearances

 




I know I am beginning to sound like a real wuss but I don't know whether if it is the allergies or this freaking reaction to the vaccine I took earlier in the week. I was quite proud of myself the following morning when I seemed no worse for wear but this whole weekend I'm assuming the struggle with headaches, runny nose and possible fever. I did take my temperature at one time and I was a solid 97.6° so I am obviously not running a fever but I'm going through something. Assume to feel better in the morning when I wake up but as the day progresses I debilitate into a groveling, snot dripping headache! I'm using this excuse to blame on what little I did this weekend as far as kid letters and clean up the apartment. I've made major progress on the kid letters and hopefully they will go out tomorrow but the apartment is another story entirely. And I've got to do something with it or part of it by Wednesday or Thursday.


Remember how excited I was earlier last week when I blogged about being asked to attend another state advisory board with the possible end result being membership? Well there's a meeting this week that I've been invited to attend. There's also two other board meetings on Zoom I'm supposed to be part of. I kind of like the Zoom meeting, one can certainly hide a multitude of sins with the aid of a good computer camera. However I became a bit self-conscious a couple weeks ago when I noticed on various news interviews people being interviewed obviously from their home and what you can see in the background. This bothered me to the point that the last to resume meetings I've actually gone to the library here in the building just so other Zoomer's would see a more academic setting. That just shallow or what? So, with that in mind I have been trying to clean up the area directly behind me when the cameras going. I don't know if it's something I could do by myself the chaos is so out of control. I really need to find another cleaning person. I really like it when my whole health person kicks in when does significant cleaning while I'm on the toilet but that's happening less and less which is okay. I understand her limitations and what she's got a be able to do all day long. Still the brings me back back to the scenario of somebody to work about two hours week on my little apartment. Those two hours recall the difference of the world. So silly as it sounds, tonight Sunday night rather than watching one of my favorite Marvel universe motion pictures that I have through Disney plus I'm working on process and the last of my kid letters and picking up the area behind my back the camera has view of. Now there is something else and that's the fake backgrounds that I see a lot more people using one there on broadcast mode. It's kind of funny though looks like it's easy to do and I know it's all kind of tacky just because I don't want to be seen as the typical male slob I am. I would still however rather be seen as Prof. Higgins then Oscar Madison…

No comments: