Friday, March 19, 2021

Happy Friday Evening

 


My 80+ something neighbor, Billie lost her younger brother yesterday or possibly the day before. To me it was kind of a bizarre situation he came down with a number of weird ailments the last month and then died. I don't think it had anything to do with Covid 19 or the fact that this all took place in Wyoming and that's not the issue. The issue is Billie is in that odd predicament folks get in soon becoming the last surviving member of the “old” family. That family made up of brothers and sisters usually sometimes cousins and other extended family members but were all contemporaries and naturally as things age everything ages out and families do too. Billie is quite upset not super upset. She didn't choose to see him in the latter days of his life to the one severe winter storm curtailing much travel in that region. However, Billie is going to the funeral and a couple of days, she'll be flying I think with a younger family member.


As you, the committed reader know, my family – – even though we are adopted one where the other – – have only lost one family member thus far, the oldest Floyd. I have four siblings older than me and I'm 70 years old so their way old. I have a number of younger members as well in any one of us can kick off at any time that's true but it makes sense the oldest will go first. I don't know how much I believe that's going to happen but I sense it could be happening soon. I don't even know how things will go. At this point I don't even think I'm going to have a funeral. However I must admit that I least I'm begin to talk about the event of my passing rest before I was so adamant against the idea of passing on I refuse to talk about it. I didn't even want to do a DNR and quite frankly I still don't but I need to as far as cut and expenses as everything is about money, really in the end. As usual Dianne has been doing a lot of research in this area has found a unique method of cremation not by fire but by some kind of natural phenomenon I'm sure is all kinds of chemicals involved but they're kind to the earth chemicals and a lot less expensive than the current ripoff system. I need to find out more about this system – – later than sooner. I don't think I'm going to have a funeral of any kind is the kindest thing I can do for my family seriously I mean what's the point? Specially in this day and age when travel still somewhat hindered as is the pandemic though it seems like were given on top of the pandemic finally. I think a lot of people have done some reevaluation however and have figured out what's important and not so important. The living are important but better just husks in the wind did I just murder a metaphor oh well… Sue me.

No comments: