Thursday, March 11, 2021

Dental Fun



Are you pretty much it was going to be a good day when I woke there is daylight in the room! Very rarely do I wake up and there's like in the room from the outside. There is no sunshine course it's a cloudy day with even possibilities the snow which only makes sense because I'm going to have to be out in the elements for a little bit rolling over to the doctor's office/dental office for the work done on my teeth scheduled for today at 10 AM. It was 7 AM and I was astounded but I still had way more than enough time to get up and get ready to make the role across the street.


I must confess I was pretty excited. It was going to be a N2O nitrous oxide day. What used to be a white knuckle morning filled with fear and anxiety is now one of almost giddy expectation of putting on what I call the “clown nose” and huffing my way to an exaggerated bliss level while the dentist and staff go to work from my mouth. This is truly bizarre behavior for anyone who knows who I am in the fear that I've carried for this profession for the majority of my 70 years but not anymore I'm like born-again. I pretty much just piddle around the apartment since I didn't want to get into anything significant before going across the street. I checked the mail visited with department manager about my neighbors one particular use leaving the property. Then back to the apartment to wait. Now didn't have any breakfast are even any coffee because I didn't want to have the dentist exposed to “coffee breath” a brush my teeth again as well as washed out the mouth with blue-green mouthwash and to be sure and to be sure catheterized one more time push down as much liquid as possible so I never have to relive having to have my dentist assisting catheterization climbing the dental chair. I'm still getting over that and I really appreciate his willingness to give me a hand ;-) that didn't come out right. I got at least two messages and one recorded phone call that emphasized not to show up at the office before five minutes of your scheduled appointment. I did okay do the right time. I think I can gotten better 20 minutes early and they would've made room for me. I really lucky because they like me a lot.


It was like old home week my rolled him I felt like a brother coming home from war and everybody stops what they're doing to say hi you know what probably more like Norm from the cheers gang every time he would come into the bar. That's how it feels when I roll into the dentist office in a secret side door that only staff gets to use. The always do me in chair number two . There are three chairs in this little office and they squeeze me in between chair to chair three. After spending enough time with social etiquette of letting everyone know that I'm well and doing fine and catching up since the last visit I invert my chair and Cindy puts on my “clown nose” turns on the nitrous- oxide and I start huffing my brains out and trying not to act stupid or inappropriate. The only time I even came close was when I asked Cindy to take a top-down to have a selfie with me and it took her a second to realize I was talking about her mask. That got a good laugh and for a short while I felt at home in almost enjoyed anesthetic needles and drilling on my face…

No comments: