Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Make It Stop!

 




I know I try to stay away or free from political walls like political issues. I just think these things are often yammering about so much on the news and, radio and everything else that you don't need the halfwit like me yammering as well but I just can't help the feelings that I'm having regarding the latest mass shooting in Colorado couple days ago. Unbelievable! When is it going to stop? And I can't believe political idiots/politicians even find something to fight about when they talk about trying to make stronger gun legislation. It's just beyond me.


I really had these feelings when the towers tumbled way back in 2001. I just couldn't get over the idea that all these people went to work that day never thinking the room and up dead at the end of the day something like 3000? And begin 10 people isn't anything like 3000 but when you see the pictures of the deceased published on the national news I get the feeling Of overwhelming shock when they realize, They're dead? ! No matter how you say it , the last things these guys thought of when they stopped at the market do some shopping That they were never going home the whole life changed if not stopped completely. It's almost comforting to think of just nothing or “the great sleep” as opposed to finding yourself in a new place and going through processing to your new life after death.


The last couple of mass shootings have not quite had the effect on me as this boulder Colorado shooting. I usually just shrug off thinking that they're not here (however when Salt Lake had a shooter at the local movie theater 10 or 20 years ago I thought deeply about that incident. That incident was local and I thought very weird). May because Boulder's closer and took place of the food grocery/ market. I go to my local market two or three times a week. I could really visualize something like that taking place at the market. This morning I had a few minutes to kill before I had to catch a bus and I needed some coffee so I went next door to the coffee shop and had them grind some coffee for me. The coffee shop, said the say, is quite a little conservative snakepit. I like the guy that owns the place and the staff and I would like to like some of the people that I see certain around the know they all had a weird values and more than one are “open carry” and they are packing drinking legal stimulants and watching Fox news and talk about how horrible the current administration is. I actually got a little bit nervous.


When I started thinking about this particular posting it was Tuesday when I was on my way to my Assist, Inc. meeting. I really wasn't thinking about much of anything except hoping the train would be on time because it was pretty cold waiting for the train and I glanced over to the cop shop across the tracks a notice for the first time the flight was flying at half staff which immediately brought back the memories of yesterday's 5 o'clock news as they tried to explain the events of the catastrophe, another catastrophe, another mass shooting. I turned and saw the flags that Intermountain medical Center but also been lowered to half staff . There wasn't much I could do except wait for the train and hope that I would be able to get to my meeting without becoming the next victim of a mass shooting…

No comments: