Sunday, March 21, 2021

Sunday Lunch

 





I know I've said it before but am always amazed at how quickly a day can change. When I went to bed I was thinking of putting together some kind of omelete for this morning. I've got a bunch of eggs I need to use and what a better use than a Sunday omelette? However, I fiddled around doing this in doing that would soon I was pretty much past the breakfast time. I made by special drink, he enough coffee, and had a banana and I was set. Like I said I did some piddling around a couple of crypta quotes and some time cleaning up the kitchen from yesterday's roast. Speaking of roast I was thinking of how is going to prepare my roast beef dinner for today. Dianne had a great idea of adding a can of roast beef gravy to lubricate the whole thing up a little bit and have it over rice or something or with mashed potatoes which all sounded pretty good. I just turned on my computer was about ready to start some dictation when I got a notification of a text coming in and I was pleased to see it was my son Mark Anthony. It was a little after It was about 12:30 PM Mark was common in the cityand wanted to know if I was interested in doing lunch. What a change in the direction of my day. Snow had fallen during the night and even though the clouds seem to be breaking up the temperature was still pretty brisk but lunch/breakfast sounded like a great idea for a Sunday afternoon with my son.


This is relatively new behavior going up to Sunday lunch. I don't know how often I will get such an opportunity so I jumped on invitation. We made plans to meet up at Dee's restaurant, One of two establishments at the end of my block easy access for me. How the weathermen better or at least one I would've considered other locations but this would do. I was also pleased that there wouldn't be a lot of waiting time. When he called he was on his way into the city and he could reach me in about 30 minutes which is just fine with me. I buttoned up the computer swept up little bit around the kitchen, appropriate had headed out to Dee's.


I was surprised it was way past the morning rush but the place was still fairly packed when I got to Dee's. I had to have a booth which is a little bit difficult to do in the chair but I was surprised how well it worked out. Mark join me not too long after I had been seated. I had coffee ordered already which pleased him greatly and we had a great breakfast/lunch. I ordered chicken fried steak which is probably way more calories than I needed but everything else was so much more calorie speaking. It was kind of fun just sitting there drinking coffee, watching the dark clouds ramble around the Wasatch front and threaten the restaurant going public. Maybe it was the public outspending their newly acquired stimulus money or maybe it was the public out enjoying being totally inoculated (those that are ) be an out in a public is trying to open up which is probably too soon.We talked and drank coffee and later Mark retrieved his new scooter from the trunk of his vehicle we rolled down to my apartment and talks more than he helped me out with some things that needed done. Specifically pulling a dead envelope out of my printer and talking art… Totally different than our thought my Sunday would turn out…

No comments: