Friday, March 05, 2021

I Am Iron-man… NOT!

 



I will have to admit I was getting a little vexed last evening regarding everyone's concern about my condition after receiving my second vaccination for Covid 19. I thought I felt great all things being equal. I was tired but I just finished a half a day commute in my power chair over relatively rough terrain and even though I had a fairly decent hood and even though the day was fairly spectacular there was a bit of a cool wind and even the best sidewalks with the crack for one sidewalk to the next causes stress on the body and tires you out. I figure I'm just tired. Dianne seemed quite concerned that I was doing okay I had to convince her that I felt just fine. My next-door neighbor dropped in to see that I was all right and that I wasn't feeling bad or anything that I didn't have any headaches/migraine's or whatever. I couldn't figure out why no one believed me. One thing I did notice was that after my dinner I began to get a pain in the back of my neck or mouth were my tonsils are at. I'd stopped at the Mexican restaurant on the way home to get an order of beans and rice to go with my last tamale. I figured the discomfort I was feeling was just the rice getting caught in the back of my throat and I would just tough it out.


This morning I still had some pain in the back of my throat but is also sniffing and I felt a little stuffed up. Sometime during the night I remembered that I've gone through this before and it's usually in the spring about March. It's the allergies I've picked up later in life. I don't know why this always shocks me but it does. That's all I've got allergies it's a spring break out. I was going to get so much done today I was going to get the letters written and get them out this weekend. I was going to clean up the kitchen and work on maybe arranging my desks before the zoo meetings I have week. I would much rather have them here at my apartment supposed to happen to go all the way to the library upstairs. But as the day wandered on I became more and more tired I didn't think much about it just that I should of got more sleep or wish that I could of but it's program day and I never sleep in on program day. I was feeling kind of hungry about time for the 5 o'clock news and then I kind of felt that I might be running a little bit of a fever and then it dawned on me maybe I'm having a reaction to my vaccination. It's not a big deal, in fact from the way everyone active after hearing of my vaccination that it was kind of expected. While I didn't expect it. I thought I was too tough for that I thought I would just bulldoze my way right through to a brighter and safer tomorrow. I think, I was wrong.


I did build a pretty significant dinner plate from the leftovers of my Mexican dinner. I had the last quarter of the two tamales with the fresh beans and rice along with jalapenos. It felt pretty good to eat then I realized I am feeling pretty yucky. I was feeling bad because I hadn't done any more with my day that I did but now I have an excuse I'm feeling the results of the vaccination. My body is building the defenses are going to need for this next go around as I begin my journey back to some form of normalization…

No comments: