Wednesday, March 03, 2021

Gadgets

 



I think I'm very fortunate because I was able to find a dentist literally across the street from where I live. This was informed me since I have no adequate transportation except for local transit authority and Service which is somewhat financially prohibitive and then having a vehicle is accessible at any given time is a little bit risky. This way whether it's emergent or like today teeth cleaning which I guess false under the category of general maintenance and easy do for me.


At 70 years of age all look back on my life and knowledge all the mistakes I've made specially in the area oral health care. My parents really tried to do a good job but I kind of fought them all the way. I hardly ever brushed first my teeth, and just way too much candy and other sugar-based treats. Luckily, I have hard teeth. And up until the last couple of years the only time I ever saw dentist was an emergency but the pain was so significant I could not stand the pain another second. If only I had been more proactive I would be in such a better position in that I am.


Aside from writing grandkid letters my dental appointment was the only thing on my calendar. I probably should do more with my day but a trip to the dentist is all I could muster. Maybe two years ago the dentist suggested I should try a electric toothbrush kind of deal. I thought he was just trying to sell me product they go to and had sitting in their closet(kind of a side racket ). I wish I had jumped on the wagon then but instead invested in this weird little vibrating toothbrush powered by one doubles C battery. I use this strange little device every evening before bed as well as flossing. The dental hygienist indicated by gums look great which totally surprised me and convinced me to my game and get a better device which I did. She was kind enough (the dental hygienist) was kind enough to print out a number of options she found on the net while I was with the dentist. I found a great deal for Oral-B device which will only set me around 50 bucks which I guess is a deal. I can spend my money on things worse. I was pleased this evening when I placed my order that the device supposedly, should arrive at my door tomorrow! Anyway, I think I made the right decision shamefully just way too long in making the decision.


Of course, she found a number of targets for the dentist to look at but luckily the dentist only settle on to possible cavities. The cost will be about 250 bucks payable next week when I go to the drill. You probably saved 50 bucks if I elected not to use nitric oxide which I have somewhat become addicted. What the heck I figure I might as well get some enjoyment out of the experience. The staff also loaded me down with all kinds of equipment and specialized mouthwash to assist with repairing some gum damage. I don't know how well I'll maintain all the stuff they wanted to do but at least I'm going to have Oral Be 1000!…

No comments: