Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Soup and Sandwich at Gormandese

 



I can't believe how much I enjoy public service. I know that sounds very Pollyanna-ish but I finally accepted that I might have some altruistic leanings. It's a kind of hate to admit that but some things you just have to own up to. This morning for example I was out of bed by 6 AM actually excited because I have something to do in somewhere to go even if the weather was less than ideal. Fortunately, there was no snow flying or rain falling just cold temperatures quite cold for spring – – as far as I'm concerned. I was going to actually try to leave early so I don't feel quite so pressured. I seem to do that to myself, I'm not sure why but it's pretty consistent. Today was no different even though I tried to leave a cycle earlier things just work against the today I dropped my transit ID out of its case took forever to pick it up making me miss my bus connection by 30 seconds or maybe 50 but still I could've should've made that time cycle. I had to kill 30 minutes so I crossed the street to Dee's restaurant sidled up to the counter and drank coffee like a detective and the cheap novel it would've been perfect if you could still smoke in restaurants.


I was the only board member who was able to make today's meeting which was okay with me. We did a fast meeting process 10 or 12 applications for service and soon I was on my way. I thought about traversing over to the taco time again that I did last week but I felt now that would not be right, way too much calories. I don't know what drove me northward but soon I was all the way to the second South area. And also not realized I was at one of my favorite restaurants Gourmandise A great little Parisian restaurant. It's almost a little too elitist for my taste but today I felt like treating myself. I was a bit surprised on entering they've changed the insides of a little bit seems like they've put in the tables and chairs possibly something to do with the pandemic. There were fewer people inside the my anticipated specially for it being exactly 12 o'clock lunch time. I ended up seating myself and finally had to fly down someone to take my order. I wish I could say something weird happened or maybe I'm just thankful that nothing weird happened. I ordered a lunch combo which is half a sandwich and a couple soup and I also ordered kettle chips. I was discussed in I wore my heavy hoody today– – I kept warm. Still made an insightful bib with my sloppy eating but I didn't care. I spent way too much today for lunch $16 when you include tip. But I'm okay supposedly I have my stimulus check coming one of these first days and will deduct this lunch from that and be thankful for my decadence…

No comments: